No announcement yet.

Linus Torvalds Encourages Kernel Developers & Everyone To Get Vaccinated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I aint taking it regardless of what linus says, but it doesn't have any place on the linux mailing list, I don't see what vaccines have to do with Linux at all

Comment

I feel that the propaganda for this has gone too far. There is considerable cause for concern, perhaps particularly for the young and for women, in taking the vaccine. The mechanisms of the vaccine, mRNA or adenovirus vectored, seem not to be the issue; the issue seems to be the choice of the spike protein as the immunogenic feature. The spike proteins are proliferating throughout the body, rather than staying near the injection site, and data from Japan (IIRC) seem to show them accumulating in ovaries and bone marrow. There is mounting evidence that the spike proteins themselves cause inflammatory disorders, and these sorts of chronic inflammation have been associated in other cases with the development of cancers. It would be a shame to have a pandemic of ovarian cancer among 20-somethings because we didn't do our due diligence.

I think it is really unwise to push for exposing children (and probably people below 25) to these vaccines, the math just doesn't make sense. Not to mention, there are alternatives for prophylaxis.

Taking or not taking an experimental vaccine is a personal choice at the very least, I am increasingly wary of recommending it outright to anyone, and with respect to Linus, I think he has no standing to be recommending a drug to thousands of people because he heard it was a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by hipower View Post
        When did individuals performing their own assessments (particularly when dealing with a relatively untested treatment) and making decisions regarding their own health become an act deserving of public shame?
        OK, not here to berate anyone but have you considered how well tested the vaccine actually is at this point? Hundreds of millions of people have had these vaccines, which is a tremendous sample size. Even vanishingly rare complications like the blood clots have been detected. If there was anything more common than that, we would absolutely have found it by now. What the statistics show, in the aftermath of the vaccination campaign, is strong protective effects. I think you may want to reconsider how you evaluate risk when data like this is available.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
          In short, get vaccinated regardless of the vaccine type offered.
          No, I don't want to find out what the effect of accumulating spike proteins in my bone marrow is. I am young and metabolically healthy, I live somewhere with a low incidence rate, I have multiple anti-risk factors. There is no particularly good reason for me to take any of these vaccines, and if I got a leukemia eight years from now because I took the advice of some guy on a forum, it would be a pure loss.

You should not be recommending experimental drugs to people you don't know, especially being ignorant of how they act in the body. Let the experts give their recommendations directly, and leave interpreting that to the patients and their doctors.
          Last edited by microcode; 10 June 2021, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxToTheMax View Post
            OK, not here to berate anyone but have you considered how well tested the vaccine actually is at this point? Hundreds of millions of people have had these vaccines, which is a tremendous sample size. Even vanishingly rare complications like the blood clots have been detected. If there was anything more common than that, we would absolutely have found it by now. What the statistics show, in the aftermath of the vaccination campaign, is strong protective effects. I think you may want to reconsider how you evaluate risk when data like this is available.
            You can not compress time. We have no medium to long term data on the effects of these vaccines, by the nature of them having only existed for several months at this point. There have been thousands of deaths (somewhere north of 6000 at this point, AFAIK) reported in VAERS, where VAERS in a normal year has about 300 reports of death.

You can not make any strong claims about the medium to long term safety of manufacturing spike proteins in the human body, especially now that we know they end up proliferating throughout the body rather than staying near the injection site (as we were told they would).

Don't base a recommendation on claims about these experimental drugs that you can't prove; if the claims can be credibly made, then let them be made by experts; then if they turn out wrong, you won't have to wonder if you convinced somebody to take a dangerous drug and potentially suffer serious health effects when you could have just held your tongue.

Comment

Well,
              You just need to pick you poison..
              1) Try your chances in the jungle without vaccine, maybe get the virus and maybe die, and maybe even kill others, unfortunately, in the process..
              2) get the vaccine and maybe die unfortunately

I already pick my poison,
              I am just waiting for the most safest vaccine, Sputnik V, to be approved this summer..

If that doesn't happen unfortunately, one of 2 things will happen:
              1) Try my chances in the jungle without vaccine, probably get infected, and probably die in the process, or/and infect others unfortunately before die ..
              2) I will know better Moscow, in the summer..., since they have vaccines for travellers..

the option 2) here seems to be the better choice for me..if Sputnik V doesn't get approved in time..
              One thing is for sure, I will *NOT* take a bad vaccine!

Comment

Originally posted by ireri View Post
                Well, I don't know anyone that has ever said that vaccines are 100% safe... other than terraplanists I mean.

And I smoke (on designated spots exclusively), so all this distorted pile of rubbish about something something changing my DNA is truly of zero concern to me. No, what actually worries me is that tobacco made me more prone to acute COVID19 symptoms if I contract the disease, so as soon as they start vaccinating my age range I'll go and ask for a shot.

Even if a were a person of healthy habits, the decision for me would still be just as clear; do I do everything at my disposal in order to keep my loved ones safe or not? So, yeah, I would still go for a shot as soon as my turn arrives...

But let's consider a third scenario, let's say that my DNA actually changes, that it is a truth amply recognized by most health institutions around the globe (which is not the case today). In this instance, I wouldn't need to know what problems may come after being vaccinated; I would just need to know what is the probability of having big issues to balance against the probability of having big issues due to COVID. This is purely statistics, I don't need anything else, because all that comes later only in the chance I do not die first, so whatever has the higher chances of keeping me alive first, I'll deal with its problems later... I'm not a gambler, I disfavour taking chances, so betting all I have in the second option seems kinda dumb to me.

Talking about gambling, EA got hacked.
                FWIW, I thought the claim that they were gene therapy based was bogus until I heard the inventor of mRNA vaccines describe them (both the mRNA vaccines and the adenovirus vectored ones) as gene therapies. Making spike proteins in the body may be riskier than initially thought, especially since they proliferate throughout the body (they were meant to stay put) and accumulate in places like the ovaries and bone marrow (most places to accumulate things like this in the human body are pretty sketchy, but these are extra sketchy). There's a chance that the Novavax is safer, since it just contains externally-manufactured lipid nanoparticles with the spike protein already on, but again only if it stays put.

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
                  Well,
                  You just need to pick you poison..
                  1) Try your chances in the jungle without vaccine, maybe get the virus and maybe die, and maybe even kill others, unfortunately, in the process..
                  2) get the vaccine and maybe die unfortunately

I already pick my poison,
                  I am just waiting for the most safest vaccine, Sputnik V, to be approved this summer..

If that doesn't happen unfortunately, one of 2 things will happen:
                  1) Try my chances in the jungle without vaccine, probably get infected, and probably die in the process, or/and infect others unfortunately before die ..
                  2) I will know better Moscow, in the summer..., since they have vaccines for travellers..

the option 2) here seems to be the better choice for me..if Sputnik V doesn't get approved in time..
                  One thing is for sure, I will *NOT* take a bad vaccine!
                  Novavax could be better too.

By the way, there are alternatives to the vaccines. Despite what some shills say, there is a lot of quality evidence that Ivermectin is an effective prophylactic against SARS-CoV-2 infection, and when taken in doses that are known to be safe (the drug has been widely distributed for 30 years, with about 4 billion doses and very very few severe adverse reactions) it is likely somewhere between 82% and about 100% effective in preventing COVID.

as for "probably die", I'm assuming you are a high risk individual (maybe you're obese and have an autoimmune disorder?); even with several risk factors you will not "probably die" if you are infected, not even close.
                  Last edited by microcode; 10 June 2021, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                    Look on the bright side, at least Serrana is a shining example of how vaccinations can confer true herd immunity.
                    But with the disaster that was Ecuador, PerĂº, Brazil and, upcoming, Paraguay is quite difficult to see a bright side.

If some of you don't want to get vaccinated or hate big pharmas, I'll appreciate that stop posting your ideas on the internet and simply start sending all those unused vaccines to latam/rest of the world plus starting a petition to drop covid 19 vacs patents.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco-GG View Post
                      But with the disaster that was Ecuador, PerĂº, Brazil and, upcoming, Paraguay is quite difficult to see a bright side.

If some of you don't want to get vaccinated or hate big pharmas, I'll appreciate that stop posting your ideas on the internet and simply start sending all those unused vaccines to latam/rest of the world plus starting a petition to drop covid 19 vacs patents.
                      Well, we'll keep our speech, but if you want the vaccines we're sending them anyway because there are shipments that would otherwise expire. There are alternatives to the vaccines for those who take this thing seriously, and I will not stop posting these ideas as long as I hold them lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X