Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by coder View Post
    Um, I was talking about cold and flu.
    Figures. See, I was not. I used the flu only as an example. The topic still is COVID vaccines. I said we could eradicate the flu if we wanted. What I am actually saying is that we have not really tried it yet, because we have so far seen the flu as a harmless threat. By no means does it mean we have already tried our best. Nor should one assume it could not be done. Rather due to COVID has the world population only woken up and become much more alert to the threat of viruses in general. This we could use to try and eradicate the flu.

Do you understand this? Do not just reply and play the contrarian and do not come with expectations where you need others to slow down so you can catch up. Read comments as a whole, then reply in whole. Do not reply sentence by sentence, or we will again have a very long conversation.

Comment

• Someone needs his Monday morning coffee. A walk in the park could help too.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreDoomed View Post
        Someone needs his Monday morning coffee. A walk in the park could help too.
        Do it, do not just write about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdack View Post
          Do it, do not just write about it.
          You seem to like to tell people what (not) to do. Pretty sure it won't work, but ymmv. Are you always this grumpy?

Comment

You seem to like to tell people what (not) to do. Pretty sure it won't work, but ymmv. Are you always this grumpy?
            *lol* What makes you think I was grumpy? It is just your imagination. I am not grumpy at all. I am happy. And it is you who said what people needed to do, remember? It is just there right before my comment. How do you there arrive at your latest comment? Are you saying you are grumpy? Why even make the comments you have just made? It does not strike me like you are looking for a conversation, but are more looking for a vent to put your frustration or judgement out on. So, if you want to have a conversation then let's start with why you made your comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by coder View Post
              Those are called quacks and crackpots. If they had good ideas, good methodology, and good data, then they wouldn't be outside the mainstream.

Controversial studies are published in mainstream science quite frequently. You don't usually have to go outside the mainstream, unless what you're doing really isn't good science.

That's news? We saw fluctuations in the case numbers throughout 2020, before there was any vaccine! We know that things like business restrictions, distancing, mask-wearing, and people's ability to go outside (i.e. nice weather) are all factors that can help lower case numbers. What the vaccines let us do is get back to how things were before the pandemic, when we didn't have to do any of those things!

I think the real issue is that we believe science. There's not much room for partisanship, in science. There's good science and there's everything else.
              This is almost funny, and to me mostly proofs how brainwashed you are.

Peter Borger, who is microbiologist, has explained what is wrong with the Gorman Drosten paper. (and how the pcr test is used)

The manual of the pcr test confirms his criticism. This person who you are calling a crackpot, designs pcr test, for his profession.

But the mainstream media knows more about his, according to your logic, then a microbiologist.

Comment

*lol* What makes you think I was grumpy? It is just your imagination. I am not grumpy at all. I am happy. And it is you who said what people needed to do, remember? It is just there right before my comment. How do you there arrive at your latest comment? Are you saying you are grumpy? Why even make the comments you have just made? It does not strike me like you are looking for a conversation, but are more looking for a vent to put your frustration or judgement out on. So, if you want to have a conversation then let's start with why you made your comment.
                You had me worried for a second, glad to know that you are okay. (I like irony, and I must admit your comment made me smile)
                On a more serious note, I hope you make a difference between "do not just write about it" and "A walk in the park could help". One is an order, while the other is a suggestion. One is (mostly) friendly, the other not so much.
                If you are curious about my state of mind, I would suggest you take a close look at my username, it might give a clue (or maybe it is irony all over again, who knows).

Comment

One is an order, while the other is a suggestion. One is (mostly) friendly, the other not so much.
                  No, actually an order is neither friendly or unfriendly. What you make of it is up to you. It also depends on your expectation as to what you are being order to do. A soldier wanting to attack and getting the order to do so will not find it unfriendly, but might receive it eagerly. I now order you to be happy and smile ... Do you think of this as unfriendly? If you do then perhaps it triggers a fear, like for instance fear of not to being in control or fear of the consequences. But again, this is your own choice to make. And, well, since you made the suggestion of having a coffee and taking a walk, should anyone ordering you to do just that not come across as unfriendly to you, or else would you have to think of your own comment as unfriendly, and I believe that was not the case. Or was it?

And your user name leaves one with many interpretations. Of course are we doomed, because we all die one day. The universe supposedly will also expand into a vast nothingness, making any attempts at immortality very unlikely. So are you sad, miserable or are you just being Captain Obvious? I honestly do not know.
                  Last edited by sdack; 21 June 2021, 08:39 AM.

Comment

So are you sad, miserable or are you just being Captain Obvious? I honestly do not know.
                    Well, according to Nietzsche, living indeed is suffering, so every humans are miserable, I though you would know that, this is common knowledge after all.
                    You see, that's the problem with hypothesis, you can formulate two, and yet they can both be wrong .

Comment

Actually one can somewhat speculate about what education you have after reading your comments. I certainly have an idea.
                      That explains how you come to your other conclusions you try to get some "feelings" about things and then assume this feelings represent the truth or science.

Comment

Working...
                      X