Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Is Hiring More Linux Engineers For The Scheduler, Memory Management, Net I/O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Is Hiring More Linux Engineers For The Scheduler, Memory Management, Net I/O

Phoronix: AMD Is Hiring More Linux Engineers For The Scheduler, Memory Management, Net I/O

It looks like AMD's rising marketshare in the data center is paying off as AMD is hiring more Linux kernel engineers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Really good news, looks like AMD is here to stay.

Comment

>India
      This will be fun to watch.

Comment

Until AMD creates a GUI for Linux, we will always know they consider Linux users second or third class citizens.

Of course Nvidia is much, much, worse overall because they are closed source, but we shouldn't give AMD a pass for refusing to provide a Linux GUI. Especially now that they're finally making money again. With much of that due to the myriads of Linux users like me who supported them throughout their dark decade.
        Last edited by muncrief; 07 June 2021, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Even intel has no gui

Comment

Originally posted by muncrief View Post
            Until AMD creates a GUI for Linux, we will always know they consider Linux users second or third class citizens.
            Just like Intel I guess. I mean, they also have a Windows UI for their iGPUs that is not available on Linux.

Comment

GUI comes up again... Maybe someone ought to list the desired features, and then there can be an easily re-post-able comment detailing which ones won't work and why.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironmask View Post
                >India
                This will be fun to watch.
                Why ? What problem do you have with the Indians? An engineer is good or bad regardless of nationality!

However, I am happy for this choice and I wish the newcomers good work.

Comment

Of course Nvidia is much, much, worse overall because they are closed source, but we shouldn't give AMD a pass for refusing to provide a Linux GUI. Especially now that they're finally making money again. With much of that due to the myriads of Linux users like me who supported them throughout their dark decade.
                  Talk of AMD control panels or QT based control panels from AMD has been going on for years but nothing ever comes of it. It's very discouraging.

You should read some of the old comments.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'd be happy to receive the old control panel, just give us something!

Comment

There is no need for a GUI for data center system management (command (line) integration with tools like ansible/puppet/chef matter). And no matter what one wishes, this year, and next year, and the year after that, is not the year of Linux on the desktop.

Comment

Working...
                    X