Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fosshost Enters Into Long-Term Partnership With Freenode

Phoronix: Fosshost Enters Into Long-Term Partnership With Freenode

Along with various open-source projects leaving the Freenode IRC network following infighting/managerial changes at Freenode, Fosshost that provides web hosting services for many open-source projects also shifted from Freenode to Libera.Chat. But now this week, Fosshost announced they have entered into a long-term partnership with Freenode...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Fucking pathetic.

Comment

April 1st already?

Comment

Michael freenode should be all lowercase.

I'm not sure what the rest of this means or how it'll play out, but that F stood out to me.

Not in your article, the lowercase one in their articles; which I find funny. It being all lowercase meant I kept reading it like it was a protocol, not the name, and kept having to mentally correct myself. This is like systemd where I don't like the technical, correct spelling.

Comment

Omg, the potential for more drama increases....

Sorry, I'm just not certain if we are still living in the real world, or collectively switched over into the universe of a badly written telenovela....

Comment

...Terms of the partnership were not disclosed..."

Isn't this how Andrew Lee operates? As for Fosshost's back-and-forth "flip-flop"-ing, it has just sealed its fate.

Comment

Interesting to note if any of those projects supported by fosshost are on freenode. Debian? Nope, OFTC. Armbian? Nope, libera.chat. Xfce? Nope, libera.chat. GNOME? Nope, OFTC.

Comment

Originally posted by willmore View Post
                Interesting to note if any of those projects supported by fosshost are on freenode. Debian? Nope, OFTC. Armbian? Nope, libera.chat. Xfce? Nope, libera.chat. GNOME? Nope, OFTC.
                The question also becomes if they will want to leave Fosshosts now..

Comment

Honestly I still don't see much actual evidence either way, pro or against andrew lee, from what it seems, it is a lot of he says, she says.

either way it remains to be seen whether or not he will be a pro or con. ill still give him the benefit of the doubt. hope he does more good than everyone says he will

Comment

Well, their FAQ is very in-depth, it seems they fully understand what they're doing, they fully acknowledge this is bad PR, and assuring us that nothing bad is going to happen and Lee has no say or control in fosshost.

All I can say is, this is some pretty self-destructive behavior.

Comment

Working...
                    X