Red Hat Is Hiring Even More Graphics Engineers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dekernel View Post

If this is a joke, I'm just not getting it. If you are serious, I would really like you to elaborate on just what you mean by "leeching on free ones" when they give all of their updates back to to improve the ecosystem.
    Just search around and do some research on why people might not like Red Hat as much as you might think.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen

They are doing so well, they should start their own OS and stop leeching on free ones.
      Leeching as in investing billions in it?

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
        RedHat should push NVIDIA towards at least releasing the bloody firmware for GPUs. This is number one thing they should pursue.
        Huh. I wasn't aware you actually had widely-agreeable opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

Just search around and do some research on why people might not like Red Hat as much as you might think.
          I think their "arguments" are pretty well known (whaaaaa waahhhaaa because of RedHat Linux is not a mere useless hobby OS, how dare they! Whaaa Red Hat taketh my precious sysvinit away!), that doesn't mean they are intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

A) Why should I spend my time researching your vague statements. It is on you to prove our point so unless you give examples, your statements lack merit.

B) If you are going to bring up systemd, please don't because that diatribe has been beaten to the ground. If darn near every distro has moved to it, it is a pretty safe bet that at least 50% of the user base don't have issues which kinda puts you in the minority. Heck, even Linus apparently doesn't have issues with it, and his opinion brings far more weight than guys like you.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

Leeching as in investing billions in it?
              And pushing entire ecosystem forward with modern software. Without Red Hat Linux would be far less interesting. Hopefully their priorities won't change after acquisition by IBM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Fox View Post

Just like the "Republic of Poland" (official full name) is referred to as Poland (usual short form) in most contexts, in the same way the "Czech Republic" is Czechia. Or the "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" is United Kingdom, if you really want me to illustrate the pointlessness of using the long-form official names in day-to-day talk.
                Invalid it does not make it. But go ahead, you can argue about it with yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by dekernel View Post

B) If you are going to bring up systemd
                  Interesting. So you think people might only not like Red Hat because of systemd?

I invite you to keep researching.

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate View Post

+1 for the absolute splendor of this meta-comment and the hearty chuckle. You made my day and perhaps month. Here's to hoping it doesn't get deleted.
                    I am not going to delete that post as it does not contain anything that would prompt obliteration of the thread.

Comment

Great to see increasing investment from RH on graphics.

Comment

Working...
                      X