Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Provides Funding For Linux Kernel Developers To Focus On Security

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Google Provides Funding For Linux Kernel Developers To Focus On Security

    Phoronix: Google Provides Funding For Linux Kernel Developers To Focus On Security

    Google is announcing today in cooperation with The Linux Foundation that they are providing funding for two full-time developers to focus solely on security issues...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Linux-Security

  • #2
    We need a kernel patch that would close all of Google's spyware loopholes. No computer is "secure" with Google installed.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ezst036 View Post
      We need a kernel patch that would close all of Google's spyware loopholes. No computer is "secure" with Google installed.
      Do not use Google software, services or products. Also buy a tinfoil hat.

      Isn't it crazy? Google invests millions of US dollars into your favourite OS and you're so "thankful".
      Last edited by birdie; 24 February 2021, 01:14 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ezst036 View Post
        We need a kernel patch that would close all of Google's spyware loopholes. No computer is "secure" with Google installed.
        Google may be up to some shady stuff, but what is "with Google installed" even supposed to mean? Chromium? I'm not aware of any other google software commonly installed on desktop linux, especially in relation to the kernel.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by birdie View Post
          Google invests millions of US dollars into your favourite OS and you're so "thankful".
          As has the North Korean government. Surely you must be using Red Star OS as your daily driver, after the North Korean government so benevolently spent millions to improve it for you.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by andyprough View Post
            As has the North Korean government. Surely you must be using Red Star OS as your daily driver, after the North Korean government so benevolently spent millions to improve it for you.
            what do you expect from a person who is Nvidia hardware user? birdie dropped his RX5700 and bought an Nvidia GPU instead.

            he is FLOSS supporter like a murderer who use knifes is supporter of the kitchen tool store...

            the truth is: he hates FLOSS:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ezst036 View Post
              We need a kernel patch that would close all of Google's spyware loopholes. No computer is "secure" with Google installed.
              Things you only see in the phoronix comment section.

              Google is one of the few companies I trust with security.
              • Super tight SELinux policies in Android
              • Android (LLVM) Scudo malloc() (nuff said)
              • Using coreboot in chromebooks
              • Chromium's industry leading TLS stack / sandboxing
              • How awesome Fuchsia is. Check out Quarkslab's vulnerabilities they found in Fuchsia. In any other OS, it would lead to privilege escalation but not in this one (thanks to it's microkernel design)
              I just hope Fuchsia copies Android model of: put the cool stuff in AOSP, put the trash in play services.
              Last edited by kvuj; 26 February 2021, 06:51 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by kvuj View Post

                Things you only see in the phoronix comment section.

                Google is one of the few companies I trust with security.
                • Super tight SELinux policies in Android
                • Android Scudo malloc() (nuff said)
                • Using coreboot in chromebooks
                • Chromium's industry leading TLS stack / sandboxing
                • How awesome Fuschia is. Check out Quarkslab's vulnerabilities they found in Fuschia. In any other OS, it would lead to privilege escalation but not in this one (thanks to it's microkernel design)
                I just hope Fuschia copies Android model of: put the cool stuff in AOSP, put the trash in play services.
                [*]PRISM. You forgot to mention that Google put the PRISM backdoor into your online services so spies from the allied 5-eyes countries had direct access to all your data. That's a pretty awesome security accomplishment.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by kvuj View Post

                  Things you only see in the phoronix comment section.

                  Google is one of the few companies I trust with security.
                  • Super tight SELinux policies in Android
                  • Android (LLVM) Scudo malloc() (nuff said)
                  • Using coreboot in chromebooks
                  • Chromium's industry leading TLS stack / sandboxing
                  • How awesome Fuschia is. Check out Quarkslab's vulnerabilities they found in Fuschia. In any other OS, it would lead to privilege escalation but not in this one (thanks to it's microkernel design)
                  I just hope Fuschia copies Android model of: put the cool stuff in AOSP, put the trash in play services.
                  Most implemenations of Coreboot use closed source binaries so it is barely better than a fully closed BIOS. They have the clout and muscle to help a project like Libreboot to make headway but they choose not to. They choose a semi open source option like Coreboot because they still win the optics war with the sheep.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by andyprough View Post
                    [*]PRISM. You forgot to mention that Google put the PRISM backdoor into your online services so spies from the allied 5-eyes countries had direct access to all your data. That's a pretty awesome security accomplishment.
                    So, Jason Bourne is real!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X