Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Data Suggests CoC + Outreachy Hasn't Helped Increase Female Participation In Debian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keikun007 View Post
    Pretty much every female boss that is a leftist feminist believes man are awful potential rapists and men still work under their umbrella. the world is an awful place because people think they know everything and hold the truth while at the same time being mean with the different. I for one just want people to stop forcing their so called progressive agenda in everything
    i'm not sure i understand the intent behind the first sentence well but "pretty much every female boss that is a leftist feminist believes men are awful potential rapists" is one hell of an absurd overgeneralization just before complaining about "people who think they know everything"...

what's that "progressive agenda" that is being pushed against your will? what are you being forced to do now? how does it affect you?

Comment

Originally posted by mppix View Post

Empowering more than 50% of the worlds population that was historically at a disadvantage is not an arbitrary minority.
      Also, it does not take away anything from you.

Also congratulations on doubling down and reaffirming that you are a sexist moron that has compared woman to gorillas.
      Well, if you say so you must be right, right?! Not that I care about anything you say anyway. And where have I heard these arguments before?! Discriminate us today for the wrongdoings of our ancestors yesterday? Taking jobs and opportunities away for self-proclaimed victims of history who think they are entitled of privileges?! No, thank you! Congratulations on doubling down and reaffirming that you are a leftist far detached from reality and as the thread has shown you are thankfully in a minority position. Spread your political ideas of injustice in your political circles but please leave politics out of tech or go away from here if it detests you that people do not share your world view.
      Last edited by ms178; 13 February 2021, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by niner View Post
        One cannot conclude anything from that.
        so your many words can be summarized as "there's no proof that coc and outreachy do any good". i have impression that article author said same thing

Comment

After reading this thread, I am saddened to find me seriously considering avoiding Phoronix.
          ... you can't imagine how tempted i am to blackhole phoronix.com in my hosts file right now honestly
          edit: actually, the last few messages convinced me, thanks!
          Last edited by AsuMagic; 13 February 2021, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crystall View Post
            It's funny, here is a thread full of men telling what women are interested in. Don't you see the irony in this? Nope, you clearly don't.
            I'll play devil's advocate. Because there is no irony. You don't need to be a cat to be allowed to present statistical data about cats.

Comment

Originally posted by AsuMagic View Post
              ... you can't imagine how tempted i am to blackhole phoronix.com in my hosts file right now honestly
              Ever heard of the term Cancel Culture?! You just went on that path.

Comment

Empowering more than 50% of the worlds population that was historically at a disadvantage is not an arbitrary minority.
                Also, it does not take away anything from you.

Also congratulations on doubling down and reaffirming that you are a sexist moron that has compared woman to gorillas.
                It is a shame women were discriminated. But women of today can't claim compensations of that from men. Women can't begin to profit of what has been done to the women in the past. Men of today owe nothing to women of today.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post

The moment you take a course on advanced math the math tell you it does not matter a bit how special you feel you are. Mathematics is super equal. It could not care less who you are. All what matter is the real computing ability of your brain.

The program insisted that educators "identify and challenge the ways that math is used to uphold capitalist, imperialist, and racist views." It added that it is "unequivocally false" to assume math is an "objective" discipline.

"The concept of mathematics being purely objective is unequivocally false, and teaching it is even much less so," it said. "Upholding the idea that there are always right and wrong answers perpetuate objectivity as well as fear of open conflict."

I hope I never fly in a plane, cross a bridge, live or work in a building designed and built by those who deny that math is an objective discipline and the 2+2 has more than one right answer..

Comment

Originally posted by AsuMagic View Post
                    some people can't control themselves without fear of god, some without hosts file

Comment

Originally posted by Radtraveller View Post

The program insisted that educators "identify and challenge the ways that math is used to uphold capitalist, imperialist, and racist views." It added that it is "unequivocally false" to assume math is an "objective" discipline.

"The concept of mathematics being purely objective is unequivocally false, and teaching it is even much less so," it said. "Upholding the idea that there are always right and wrong answers perpetuate objectivity as well as fear of open conflict."

I hope I never fly in a plane, cross a bridge, live or work in a building designed and built by those who deny that math is an objective discipline and the 2+2 has more than one right answer..
                      I did read that article, thanks, was very interesting reading. Crazies clearly have no limits in what they will do. They have even invaded mathematics with their political agendas. I am wondering where does all this lead? In the future the value of truth will be nothing or even negative. A political agenda holds all the power, overriding science and reasoning like no tomorrow. Hence, if you say the truth you can be enemy of the agenda, and the least what must be done to you is that you must be cancelled.

Comment

Working...
                      X