Qt Open-Source Downloads Temporarily Offline Due To Severe Hardware Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt Open-Source Downloads Temporarily Offline Due To Severe Hardware Failure

Phoronix: Qt Open-Source Downloads Temporarily Offline Due To Severe Hardware Failure

Several readers have expressed concerned that Qt open-source downloads have disappeared but The Qt Company has now commented it's only a temporary issue due to a "severe hardware failure" in the cloud...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Cloud-Failure

Correct me if I am wrong but "cloud" does not automatically mean seemless redundancy. Depends on the setup and what you pay for.

Comment

Isn't the "cloud" pushed because of its ability to stay available? Looks like it rained instead, on Qt.

Comment

Looks like regular dedicated server hosting to me, not cloud.

Comment

I that is why I rather spent the money buying more HDD than offloading my stuff to third parties.

But, I didn't have to distribute files to other people...

Comment

a disk failure at Qt's unnamed cloud provider caused both of their servers
            LMAO!

Comment

Karma?

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                I that is why I rather spent the money buying more HDD than offloading my stuff to third parties.

But, I didn't have to distribute files to other people...
                Self-hosting servers plus CDN should serve this purpose well.

Comment

tiny cloud

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
                    Isn't the "cloud" pushed because of its ability to stay available? Looks like it rained instead, on Qt.
                    I think it's pushed mostly because it's easier to deal with than your own in-house infrastructure - the same way it was easier to buy a PC to do your work than have another meeting with the gatekeepers of the mainframe to try to get your job scheduled the way you needed it...

Comment

Working...
                    X