Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora Is Looking For Your Artwork, Photos, Recipes + Poetry

Phoronix: Fedora Is Looking For Your Artwork, Photos, Recipes + Poetry

For those looking to get involved with the Fedora project in manner besides the likes of coding and documentation, a Fedora Zine is being established and are looking for creative submissions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Since it says recipe + poetry
    And the forum gave me a 403
    When I posted text only

Comment

Seriously? Please make a Linux computer zine, instead this.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
        What would you like to see in a Linux computer zine? Technical content changes so quickly that it seems better served by our digital "magazine" — https://fedoramagazine.org/. Or, you know, Phoronix.

This project exists to highlight the vibrant and creative Fedora community. Fedora folks are awesome and we want to show that off, and show that there's more to who we are than code. But of course we love computers and code too, and I'd definitely also support any effort to make a more technically-focused zine issue (or parallel zine).

Comment

A little confusion in the technical details.

It says images should be submitted in 16:9 then shows a template for 9X16. An e magazine might make sense in 16x9 but a paper one makes more sense in some thing like 5x8. Then again 80% of every thing electronic is viewed on a cell phone in 1x2. The crop matters to the composition. It would also be helpful to know if we need to leave negative space for them to put text and logos over and if so where and how much of the page.

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
          "No images of hats, particularly fedoras. (This is a matter of respect for our primary sponsor, Red Hat, Inc., and is not negotiable. Of course, passive appearance of hats, such as those upon heads in a crowd, may be allowed.)"

I have to agree that some thing targeting the wider ecosystem makes more sense but I guess it depends on what it is IBM hopes to get from this. If it is designed to help the OS community I have some stuff I can contribute or I can shoot stuff specifically for it. But if it turns out to be a way to pimp Z series main frames then they can hire a photographer. I'd like to see the first one before I contribute.

Comment

They're struggling for three years over changing the logo.

Comment

Working...
            X