No announcement yet.

IBM, Red Hat, VMware & Others Form The Inclusive Naming Initiative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cyclistefou and krOoze - I am obviously not worthy nor "woke" enough. I will seek counseling and try to be better.
    GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

• Originally posted by f0rmat View Post
      cyclistefou and krOoze - I am obviously not worthy nor "woke" enough. I will seek counseling and try to be better.
      Good laugh, thanks !

Comment

• Originally posted by zoomblab View Post
        I am a slave to Jesus my God and He is my master
        that's not something to brag about

Comment

• Originally posted by f0rmat View Post
          I just realized something horrible. In my car, which has hydraulic brakes (as most cars do), there is a MASTER CYLINDER! It controls the brakes with vacuum from the engine on a hydraulic cylinder. Not only that, my car has a manual transmission which means the clutch is connected to a SLAVE CYLINDER!
          I was wondering when someone was going to bring up the mechanical connection

Master and slave in the context of primary function and secondary as simple concepts, yet somehow racism enter's the equation.

Imagine the world now with non-binary sexes, we're to start calling male/female hose fittings, what?
          Hi

Comment

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            that's not something to brag about
            Well, I guess you're being serious here, and not reacting from "inclusive language" point of view, rather reacting to the profound significance of the statement.

Well... it IS something to brag about, in one sense... that is, it's surely not something to derive superiority from, rather it's something to be happy about, and something to share.

To give a limited analogy, this is like we're all on a huge plane which is about to crash, and some have a parachute. There are plenty of parachutes but many passengers deny the impending crash, or they deny / don't trust the parachute, or they simply don't want to care.

The christian (slave of Jesus Christ) is one who has been given the parachute freely and is wearing it. As for "bragging", the christian is supposed to tell others about their need to wear a parachute and give them a parahute too, if necessary by first having to warn and convince them of the impending crash. Not telling them would be utter lack of love.

There should be happiness about wearing the parachute, desire that others wear one too, but certainly not arrogance or pride as in, somehow, feeling superior. That's the kind of "bragging" a christian should do about having Jesus Christ (the parachute).
            Last edited by cyclistefou; 21 November 2020, 03:27 AM.

Comment

• Well since, they have the inclusivenaming.org...I thought I would make propernaming.org. I think it's pretty funny.

I'm open to any suggestions for the site.

Comment

• Can they please change that male/female nomenclature for jacks and ports? That part is so much cringe. Why not just say jacks and ports? Or cables and receivers?

Was having a male inserting into female sex joke REALLY necessary there?

Comment

Working...
                X