No announcement yet.

IBM, Red Hat, VMware & Others Form The Inclusive Naming Initiative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This follows the Linux kernel earlier in the year adopting its own inclusive terminology guidelines.
    wait a second, isn't "own" an offensive thing which masters to to their slaves?

Comment

• As I am very inclusive, and overal very nice person, I suggest we get ahead of this and pre-emptively ban all words. Suggested alternative for all of them is "mooo".

Comment

• I just realized something horrible. In my car, which has hydraulic brakes (as most cars do), there is a MASTER CYLINDER! It controls the brakes with vacuum from the engine on a hydraulic cylinder. Not only that, my car has a manual transmission which means the clutch is connected to a SLAVE CYLINDER! That infernal device provides hydraulic boost when I press the clutch to change gears. All of the automotive manufacturers are racists. The engineers who designed them are racists. AM I a racist because I drive one? NOOOOO! Now I have to find a car that has air brakes and an automatic transmission. I have been looking, but apparently I need a commercial driver's license for them as they are trucks and buses. Luckily I have one, but most of those vehicles are diesel. WTF? Can I not get an electric vehicle with air brakes and an automatic transmission? Those automotive manufacturers are so racist. Now I am condoning their racism because I am drive a car with a master cylinder and a slave cylinder. I need to go get some M&Ms (or some Kinder Schokolade), get a box of tissues, watch Sleepless in Seattle, and have a good cry. After that, I am going to start a Twitter, Facebook, Yelp, and boycott campaign to eliminate automatic hydraulic brakes and manual transmission.

I wonder if the computer brain box in it has code that refers to the master cylinder and slave cylinder. That would be doubly racist.
        GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

• You better get an autonomous car, because the word "driver" has the historical baggage of "slavedriver".

Comment

• Originally posted by krOoze View Post
            You better get an autonomous car, because the word "driver" has the historical baggage of "slavedriver".
            OMG - You are right! An autonomous electric car with air brakes and an automatic transmission.

Comment

• Originally posted by f0rmat View Post

OMG - You are right! An autonomous electric car with air brakes and an automatic transmission.
              Hey, you racist! I'm left-handed, why are you implying that being right is better than being left? You arrogant far-right supremacist!

Comment

• Originally posted by cyclistefou View Post

Hey, you racist! I'm left-handed, why are you implying that being right is better than being left? You arrogant far-right supremacist!
                I am SO SORRY...forgive me! I am going through all of my stuff and making sure it does refer to right or left. I will try to be ambidextrous. Will you show me how?

Comment

I am SO SORRY...forgive me! I am going through all of my stuff and making sure it does refer to right or left. I will try to be ambidextrous. Will you show me how?
                  And what about people born without limbs?

Comment

That would not be road-safe. To get anywhere you would have to join the traffic, but that would be very insensitive to the victims of human trafficing. :o)
                    Last edited by krOoze; 20 November 2020, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• And think of traffic jam, how offensive for people with diabetes!

Comment

Working...
                      X