The Problems Debian Is Facing In 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gfxbeerdrone View Post
    As a black man living in the US, I wouldn't endorse BLM to my worst enemy, and if you believe in BLM I have a bridge to sell you.
    In my 62 years of walking on this earth, I've never seen such gullible, stupid people in my life. All damn lives matter

BLM is an embarrassment to the human race and to the people of color.
    Very good said! They're artificially dividing people: black, white, gay, lesbian, hetero etc. like if it were the most important things. It's divide and conquer done by some pricks. There are better methods to group people: the ones who want to be happy, rich, free, develop, respectful toward others (but harsh toward murderers, liars and thieves) and so on. Everyone can fit into this and there's no need for artificial and Soros/Rockefeller/Rotschild/Gates sponsored movements like lgbt, blm, wlm (this one probably doesn't exists, but some 'philosophies' fits into it). I know white and black people, gay and lesbians and they don't buy mentioned propaganda.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
      Debian should maybe had focused on getting people to join develop Debian, instead of having all sort of "inclusive" parties trying to get LGBT groupies.
      I agree completely.

I don't understand why are they so eager to achieve equal distribution (yeah, this is NOT diversity but equal distribution) of races and genders.
      What's the point?

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post

Yes but the problem is that Android is Google/Linux, its not free/open..
        Try to replace the google layer, and you will see were you lands, no drivers, no functionality, nothing..

err, its called football..
        It's named Association Football and different groups call it by different things according to local culture. So both 'soccer' and 'football' are correct, depending upon your local culture. When I was interested in that kind of sport, Rugby football was my thing.

It is much like the English word 'corn', which refers to different things depending on what the local cereal crop is. In the USA, it usually refers to maize (sweetcorn), but in the UK corn is usually wheat, but could also be barley. Korn (the German equivalent) can be rye. What is called football varies locally, much as the local cereal grain varies, but is still called corn.

Comment

Originally posted by onicsis View Post
          The Problem Debian Is Facing In 2020 is maximizing stupidity.
          By that definition they should switch to BSD or something.

Oh wait, this was written by the great Double Master Zen birdie!
          If it wasn't for him, we would have never found out about Debian's secret dumb plans...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grouch View Post

It's named Association Football and different groups call it by different things according to local culture. So both 'soccer' and 'football' are correct, depending upon your local culture. When I was interested in that kind of sport, Rugby football was my thing.

It is much like the English word 'corn', which refers to different things depending on what the local cereal crop is. In the USA, it usually refers to maize (sweetcorn), but in the UK corn is usually wheat, but could also be barley. Korn (the German equivalent) can be rye. What is called football varies locally, much as the local cereal grain varies, but is still called corn.
            ....aaaand suddenly, the topic changes.

Football. The word is self-explanatory (a ball kicked with the foot).

Comment

Good bye Debian!

Projects that have some sort of ancestry to debian should now start to think about how to rebuild their fundamentals. Especially looking at Valve and Canonical.
              Last edited by lowflyer; 08 September 2020, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post
                Good by Debian!
                Maybe it's the moment to start investing time and support in Linux alternatives like Haiku-OS.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grouch View Post

The word was first coined to football, the Game that you play with...yeah your foot's.
                  I don't know what Americans call it, and honestly, I think nobody care..
                  I just make a correction..

Comment

Hello everyone,
                    Debian's finances are sitting at around a healthy $896,065 USD. COVID-19 has helped their finances a bit in regards to less travel/conference expenses. Carter also noted as part of their fund, Debian is in the process of acquiring two new Lenovo servers they were able to obtain discounted to help in their efforts.As for the health of their archive, Debian is up to offering around 61,071 AMD64 packages and around 31,723 source packages.
                    Regards,
                    Mika Hawkins

Comment

• So I'm not a developer or a coder really, but I have done web design and can code some.
                      I'm more at home in networking/system administration etc.
                      But ahead of all technical skills, I've done visual design/banding and art and I can definitely agree that Debian is lacking in visual aesthetics, and promotion/advertising/etc.
                      Ubuntu is an example of what can be done by simply focusing on a strong brand, and marketing presence. Ubuntu's colors and theme are brilliant and distinctive.
                      An even better/more extreme example of this is Elementary OS, also based on Ubuntu. They use Gnome's stack, development tools, and have a more concise subset of GTK+ and their own color palette, and UI rules.
                      Debian already has an absolutely amazing logo and brand name, and a strong reputation. That reputation though, is in serious jeopardy if they continue along with this race-based, socio-political nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                      X