No announcement yet.

KDE is dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked KDE and used it for years. I liked C++ and used it for years, but now they keep morphing the language every few years to keep up with others.
    I no longer use KDE because... C++.

Down with C++. Up with Rust.

Oh, and I use Cinnamon.

Comment

Joking aside, but it's all true and 144Hz already apparently overtook forums.

In https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...f-qt-6-0/page5 discussion I wrote satirical post about 144Hz and his liberal approach towards Debian maintainers and my post was deleted by someone without any notice and still I have not received any explanation.
      Last edited by reavertm; 21 August 2020, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reavertm View Post
        Joking aside, but it's all true and 144Hz already apparently overtook forums.

In https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...f-qt-6-0/page5 discussion I wrote satirical post about 144Hz and his liberal approach towards Debian maintainers and my post was deleted by someone without any notice and still I have not received any explanation.
        The possible reason is because your post went way too far and included sexual topics (see rules).

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

The possible reason is because your post went way too far and included sexual topics (see rules).
          Interesting, calling other people idiots is compliant with forum rules while using word "masturbation" in satirical context is not.
          Still no notice given by whoever did it.
          Last edited by reavertm; 21 August 2020, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Q&A or the lack of it is prevalent throughout society. This is not an excuse, just a fact.

If Linux is ever to expand its market share the target is ordinary folks who do normal every day things with their computers. These people don’t give a toss what KWin does so long as Facebook opens and they can watch YouTube. Can they do this with a KDE distro? Of course they can especially if they ignore Manjaro and pick something like Neptune or Q4OS instead.

I’ve been associated with a volunteer driven site promoting free software for 12 years. Up until three years ago we got around 5 applications to help a week. Last year there were 4 for the whole 12 months yet the moans about content quality keep arriving at the same rate. This is just how the world and the people in it have ‘evolved’. Short answer if you’re not happy with something is to offer help to improve the project and save your online verbal ejaculations for something else.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeSuspect View Post
              Short answer if you’re not happy with something is to offer help to improve the project and save your online verbal ejaculations for something else.
              Have worked on it. But won't offer help, knowing their attitude. They are reluctant to real improvement.

Like they think:
              - You shouldn't use Present Windows to close (if you ask them why, their response is "sorry I don't feel like I want to.")
              - Full-screen unredirection (exclusive full-screen) is a hack and should be destroyed
              Last edited by tildearrow; 23 August 2020, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Have worked on it. But won't offer help, knowing their attitude. They are reluctant to real improvement.
                This may be true in which case it is sad but without full knowledge of their resources and objectives it’s difficult for outsiders such as myself to comment factually. I also appreciate different people attach different levels of importance to certain features so then we’re into the realms of wants and opinions rather than improvement.

I also admit to not understanding the directives of some projects at all. ReactOS for instance has been in development for nearly a quarter of a century and yet we still have an alpha product. WTF? I can only imagine how this amount of effort could have benefited other Linux projects instead of trying to emulate another system that was dead and buried years ago.

Comment

Honestly if both 144Hz and you (tildearrow) were to be banned, Phoronix would be the better for it.

Comment

Originally posted by royce View Post
                    Honestly if both 144Hz and you (tildearrow) were to be banned, Phoronix would be the better for it.
                    Honestly if 144Hz and I were banned, then 144Hz would return within a year, and continue trolling.
                    And I would not have the ability to prevent him from trolling anymore, which I have been doing lately.

Comment

You people really need to go outside.

Comment

Working...
                      X