Mozilla Laying Off Around A Quarter Of Their Employees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ed31337 View Post

I'd say Brave already captures that market much better than Mozilla. Which could be a contributing factor in Mozilla's current difficulty.

Jedi hand waving... This trick of providing the funding for Google's "strong competitor" in order to claim that Google isn't a monopoly worked during the Obama administration, but eventually someone is going to see right through this BS. It's still "Ads by Google," whether you're reading them under Firefox or Chrome.

Nobody was fooled by Microsoft selling "PC-DOS" under the IBM front company and "MS-DOS" under their own name, even after changing the names and front end GUI to OS/2 Warp under IBM and Microsoft Windows under their own name.
    I don't think Brave or the other clones are going to make much impact. People who were going to install Fx on Windows will continue to do so, Edge will possible affect the decision of those who where going to install Chrome. I touched upon the reason in my previous comment. If people have a dislike or mistrust for Google, that is going to extend to a Chrome clone.

Regarding antitrust... yes, it's still Ads by Google - otherwise why would Google pay for it? But the difference is that by default, Fx blocks alot of that stuff, and people are free to use another search engine. It's in Google's interest to have Fx in the ecosystem. It's not a Jedi mind trick - it's just good business. It proves that they aren't trying to illegally eliminate competition. The analogy to MS/PC Dos is completely apples/oranges. For one, Fx isn't a rebranded version of Chrome.

Comment

• Just subscribed, 3€/month.
      A bit ashamed it took me so long.

Comment

• Originally posted by nazar-pc View Post
        WebAssembly is even more restricted that regular JS, which is sandboxed. Doesn't make any sense to block it whatsoever.
        If you disable random browser features without necessarily knowing what they are and what they do, that doesn't yet mean those features are broken by design.
        Is WebAssembly properly multi-threaded by default or has limitations like Javascript?

Comment

• Originally posted by aht0 View Post

Is WebAssembly properly multi-threaded by default or has limitations like Javascript?
          Has limitations, but with latest release of Firefox shared memory is available again, so you can compile to actually multi-threaded output with something like Emscripten.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotaru View Post

by "scam" I mean that they try to convince people it's a real cryptocurrency, but then they seize tokens from users' wallets.
            To prevent fraud

Comment

• Originally posted by lyamc View Post

To prevent fraud
              the point is that claiming it's a real cryptocurrency when they have the ability to seize funds from people's wallets is fraud. why they do it is irrelevant. the problem is that they can do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotaru View Post

the point is that claiming it's a real cryptocurrency when they have the ability to seize funds from people's wallets is fraud. why they do it is irrelevant. the problem is that they can do it.
                Why don't you show me where they claim that because I CTRL + F that thing and see nothing that tells me that it's a "real cryptocurrency".

Comment

Working...
                X