Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Sound Subsystem Begins Cleaning Up Its Terminology To Meet Inclusive Guidelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [TV] View Post
    Make Open Sound System (OSS) great again!
    lol.. well idk about OSS but we need something better than Pulse Audio for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by [TV] View Post
      Make Open Sound System (OSS) great again!
      sorry we don't developing software we only go full wake here

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Are you falling for the trap too?

Hate towards people who want to corrupt the world and turn us into monkeys?
        Uh... looks like you're the one who is falling into the trap. I don't deny SJWs are taking things too far, but the expression of hate is how they win. SJWs have an inherent immunity to this kind of retaliation. Think of it like this:
        Let's say someone in a wheelchair deliberately makes an irritating noise in public because he knows it bothers you. If you stop to turn around and say "shut up! you're so annoying!", the guy in the wheelchair can feign crying and say "you just hate me because I'm handicapped!", where you're the one who looks like the asshole. The more you fight it, the worse you look.
        SJWs are the same way. I've found most of the ones who cry about something being offensive aren't even the type of people the word/action is used against. But, the more you argue against it, the more insensitive (or as they'd put it, "uncultured") you begin to look.

As for corruption, that's taking things a bit far, eh? Changes like this are tedious, annoying, nitpicky, unjustified, unnecessary, extreme, and a whole lot of other adjectives, but corrupt? No, this isn't corrupt. Corruption is where speaking words like this will get you arrested.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          Uh... looks like you're the one who is falling into the trap. I don't deny SJWs are taking things too far, but the expression of hate is how they win. SJWs have an inherent immunity to this kind of retaliation. Think of it like this:
          Let's say someone in a wheelchair deliberately makes an irritating noise in public because he knows it bothers you. If you stop to turn around and say "shut up! you're so annoying!", the guy in the wheelchair can feign crying and say "you just hate me because I'm handicapped!", where you're the one who looks like the asshole. The more you fight it, the worse you look.
          SJWs are the same way. I've found most of the ones who cry about something being offensive aren't even the type of people the word/action is used against. But, the more you argue against it, the more insensitive (or as they'd put it, "uncultured") you begin to look.

As for corruption, that's taking things a bit far, eh? Changes like this are tedious, annoying, nitpicky, unjustified, unnecessary, extreme, and a whole lot of other adjectives, but corrupt? No, this isn't corrupt. Corruption is where speaking words like this will get you arrested.
          I would ignore the wheelchair person! :l
          Unless it was needing help or something...

There is a difference between being rude (yelling at the wheelchair person) and being ridiculous (wanting to change whitelist by allowlist only because they think it is "not inclusive"). -_-

Comment

I agree. But not just Linux.... it feels like everything is decaying:

- Windows is going down the spying path
            - macOS is fading away into restricted hardware
            - Linux going down the SJW route
            - FreeBSD... do I even have to mention this?
            I've had this concern for many years. I'm using mostly hackintoshes and some real mac's at the moment, but I saw the writing on the wall years ago as they starting making 3rd party software more of a hassle to use (i.e. dialogue boxes for unsigned software, then removing the option to 'always allow' etc). It seems a few generations away from being an iPad styled - "you can only get your software from the Apple App store" type model... and now they are moving to their own CPUs...

I cant stand the spyware path of Windows. And now Linux, which was the obvious choice to turn too, and last refuge of the sane, is turning into fringe woke cancer.

Personally all this will make choosing a path to take down the road quite difficult, as they are all turning into crap.

Comment

I would ignore the wheelchair person! :l
              YES! That's my point. It sucks that you can't just tell the person in the wheelchair that "no, being handicapped has nothing to do with the fact you're irritating" but you understand that trying to pick a fight with a handicapped person isn't one you're going to win, even if you are the righteous one.
              Telling a SJW that a word like "slave" device has no offensive connotation will just result in them derailing the discussion into how you're insensitive, uncultured, offensive, and bigoted. The more you try to justify the fact you're not, the more you actually end up looking bigoted, because nobody looks good when they explain how they're not. "I'm not racist, I have black friends!" is a good example of that. So, it's best to just dial down the hate, ignore the annoying trends of SJWs, and just go ahead and say/do what you want despite their cries.
              There is a difference between being rude (yelling at the wheelchair person) and being ridiculous (wanting to change whitelist by allowlist only because they think it is "not inclusive"). -_-
              Any analogy can be made to sound moot if you change the purpose of it. The point I was trying to make is how they both are immune to criticism: one has a physical disability, the other has a mental one (lol jk) the other claims to be defending people's rights and feelings. So when you argue against the SJWs, they would argue you're ok with people being offended or objectified or whatever.

Do you see better why I don't advocate to argue against them?

Comment

Originally posted by k1e0x View Post

lol.. well idk about OSS but we need something better than Pulse Audio for sure.
                These two do not serve the same purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by rtfazeberdee View Post
                  Wow... so many white privileged bigots demonstrating their ignorance of the issue in here today.
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by computerquip View Post

These two do not serve the same purpose.
                    On OSS4, the nearest equivalent would be vmix - Virtual Mixer audio Driver.

Comment

As a non-American I can say from an outside perspective: No. Progressive liberals are the true nut cases of modern American politics.
                      If you can give examples of some sort of logical incoherence conservatives parrot, then I might change my mind, but all I see is "Liberals" (quoted as most self-proclaimed "Liberals" are not by the classic definition) saying really absurd shit and shouting down anybody who disagrees.
                      Nearly 150K dead because a group thought masks took their freedoms away, they believed that COVID-19 was a hoax, and they opened our country up without really caring about what our health experts were saying.

Comment

Working...
                      X