Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Sound Subsystem Begins Cleaning Up Its Terminology To Meet Inclusive Guidelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post
    We need to stop calling them liberals and begin referring to them as exactly what they are: American communists, that wish to partake in the destruction of western civilization.
    well, that's certainly name calling - I doubt many Americans would ever care for governmental communism (also - please stop dehumanising people and turning them into enemies - no rational discussion can be had with "them" - but you can with other americans)

Comment

What a waste of effort, in the vain hopes to appease a few language terrorists.

Comment

Originally posted by brad0 View Post

Conservatism is even more of a mental illness.
        Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Next time perhaps get rid of "input/output", because the jacks look "similar" to human reproduction. (sarcasm)
        Some libertarians think: both group are equally mentally ill. Just two sides of one coin.

Comment

Originally posted by Templar82 View Post
          Audio on Linux can still be a pain in the ass, but at least it won't offend you now
          i have a suspicion that for every word out there, there exists a person offended by it.

Comment

All those hysteria is really frigthening.
            Blacklist never referred to a race its a religious figure that send to the night..Well no need to explain, being "offended" by something that as no link whatsoever to you is pure nonsense. I would rather say this has complete sense if you are completely mad and see everything as offending you.
            As for slave/master it refer to a fact in computer that describe the relationship. why a black would be concerned about this ? Slavery is a core thing that happenned in all civilisation from vickings or the Incas to the egyptians, from the greek and roman to the african knigdoms and Indian and asian culture too. The word is nothing specific to this madness as it mean horror to all civilisation earth has ever seen. Having some hysteric people capturing all those word for themselves alone is rather oppressive to all the salve that exist NOWADAYS in lybia, china, singapore or the emirates.
            I watched prisoner of azkaban yesterday and when i saw the talking heads on the bus i said to myself : i wonder how many times it will take to remove this film because it is so oppressive and racist !

Comment

Let's get rid of the word and color "black" altogether, so as to avoid anyone being offended. 😩

While you're at it, beware also of the retaliation of penguins that might not like being used as a mascot. Apples and windows might follow and claim deserving more respect.

I would say we are hitting a wall here, but I fear walls will come at me stating the expression is discriminatory.

This hunt for specific words that have nothing to do with races in their context is getting ridiculous.

Political correctness is for dumb people.

Comment

Wow... so many white privileged bigots demonstrating their ignorance of the issue in here today.

Comment

Originally posted by rtfazeberdee View Post
                  Wow... so many white privileged bigots demonstrating their ignorance of the issue in here today.
                  "Oh no, some people are disagreeing with the state of Clown World. Better assume their ethnicity and gender! Disgusting white males!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
                    This hunt for specific words that have nothing to do with races in their context is getting ridiculous.
                    I'm afraid the path is choosen now, and from now on, any small/tiny group or party will feel the right to ask the open source community to be more correct and remove some ridiculous words because in some far non-sense context they mean an insult. And they will achieve that.

Comment

It's become pretty clear that "anti-racism" is malignantly racist. Word's like "colorblind" are now considered to be disrespectful to the struggles of people of color.
                      Meanwhile it's mostly white people that are pushing this stuff to it's extreme because they can now see it as a way to garner favor OR even worse, grab power.
                      I know a lot of people will consider this crazy, but I do believe this to be the result of ideological subversion operations finally starting to take hold organically.
                      If you don't know what I'm talking about and wish to know more, look up Yuri Bezmenov video. He was a KGB defector to the US in the 70's, and he told us all this was coming.

Comment

Working...
                      X