Firefox Private Network Is Now Official As Mozilla VPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zxy_thf View Post
    I read this a while ago, and I agree his point, VPN only gives your unverified safe feelings.
    But most of its recommendations, well lemme be frank, is BS.
    There is also no way you can verify the VPS provider does not steal your generated private key inside your VPS, and you can neither verify the chain of your tor nodes are not pile of traps (it happened before).

Let's not talk about differential privacy and DPI+machine learning. These tracking methods are easier to implement and harder to counter.
    Sure Tor is not perfect either, it has obvious flaws such as being vulnerable to timing attacks. But it's better than a VPN, because Tor is designed not to trust the proxies, and it succeeds a lot of the times. VPN never anonymizes you to the proxy, by design. It's a significant difference, not perfect, but still good. No one here is arguing that solutions like these are in anyway perfect. I agree that flaws should be pointed out so that people don't get a false sense of security, but I don't agree that we should dismiss Tor because of it being imperfect.

Comment

is it good for US Netflix from unamerikan countries?

Comment

Originally posted by Giovanni Fabbro View Post
        Sounds like my feelings on driverless cars. One one hand, they can't be worse than the human drivers — on the other hand, they're software written by humans. So do I trust human drivers more than I trust human software developers... being both of these things myself.

Comment

A VPN reduce sensibly what are you doing with your data, unless you use tor, but tor download are constantly under radar so you do that at your own risk...

The point is, Mozilla, which is not even perfect, is the last one standing against the second dark age of internet (the former was the age of IE6) and it needs a method to sustain itself rather than continuing taking money from Guugle. We should support it if we want an Internet that is not completely monopolized by Guggule.

Comment

And the credit card processor will have your ID on file too.
            Unless you use a prepaid creditcard.

Comment

A dollar. So long as it's cash and not deposited in a bank.
              So you're saying a paper printer dollar has intristic value beyond the paper itself somehow but a digital in your bank dollar has none? Contradiction much?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                Without either the current civilization would collapse anyway.

You have no fucking clue of what you are talking about.

In all cryptovalues EVERY SINGLE MINER has a copy of the full transaction log (the "block chain"), there is no way in hell that you can erase hundreds of thousands of drives all over the world like that.

Yeah because you are a boomer and don't comprehend basic economics.
                Apart from the fact that you (the user) don't store bitcoins on a hard drive, and all miners have a copy of the same transaction log of all transactions in the world, gold's "intrinsic value" is another completely BS concept. Gold's true intrinsic value as a resource isn't that much as it really does not serve a whole lot of purposes where you need a ton of it, most of its value is dictated by people's belief in it, just like diamonds or dollars.

Which is why it can swing in value by 200-300% up or down as economical or political situations change, and can also go down to zero in case "electricity and stable storage" disappear (and the current civilization collapses).
                So explain this then with your ageist attitude: why is it that "millions of dollars" worth of Bitcoin just "disappears" when Bitcoin exchanges inevitably go tits up because they have no liquidity to back transactions, and people lose their entire wallets worth?

When markets collapse and fake money, including Bitcoin, has no value, you're gonna wish you had some kind of limited-allocation physical resource to barter with.

Comment

Originally posted by Almindor View Post

So you're saying a paper printer dollar has intristic value beyond the paper itself somehow but a digital in your bank dollar has none? Contradiction much?
                  Watch this:

Comment

Are they using Mullvad for the commercial rollout which costs money though? Was the beta free? Personally I don't really care either way - I wouldn't use it.
                    Pretty cool and awesome.

Comment

Working...
                    X