Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linus Torvalds Switches To AMD Ryzen Threadripper After 15 Years Of Intel Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by discordian View Post
    You want a picture of Linus giving the finger to AMD?
    i think you want it, but i doubt linus cares what you want. amd produces open driver - no finger for amd

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

Please someone get him a Navi gpu.
      maybe he has already one? It is known that he isnt a nvidia fan.

discordian he does
      Last edited by CochainComplex; 25 May 2020, 05:24 AM.

Comment

I know the unbuffered ECC pricing and speed are simply not inline with Buffered ECC memory. That is if you go for more than 32GB like me... All accounted for the Dual 7262 was a better deal. I consider that I will have bit ooopsies, my system load is between 27 and 40 all the time, mostly doing fp32 stuff and compiling.

I have 2 water blocks for them and will try to WC the whole thing.

I still keep Minecraft above 50fps, so I am happy.

Comment

AMD should give Linus a AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X (with 64 cores and 128 threads).

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            AMD should give Linus a AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X (with 64 cores and 128 threads).
            why? With an " estimated net worth of $150 million and an estimated annual salary of $10 million" he should have no problem buying one, ...

Comment

why? did nvidia open the specs to write proper open source software for it? If not then any nvidia crap is only worth a paperweight and can go straight to your local e-waste recycling center.

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post
                why? did nvidia open the specs to write proper open source software for it? If not then any nvidia crap is only worth a paperweight and can go straight to your local e-waste recycling center.
                Navi is the codename for the GPU used in AMD's Radeon RX 5000 series.

Comment

why? With an " estimated net worth of $150 million and an estimated annual salary of $10 million" he should have no problem buying one, ...
                  Hmm, yeah I guess. I don't know why he didn't buy the 3990X (64 cores, 128 threads). He bought the cheaper 3970X (32 cores, 64 threads).

Comment

Last time I heard Linus talking about nvidia, he did this: https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-conte...ou-640x363.png

Navi is an AMD gpu though.

Comment

Originally posted by dlq84 View Post

Last time I heard Linus talking about nvidia, he did this: https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-conte...ou-640x363.png

Navi is an AMD gpu though.
                      but, … it starts with N ;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X