• Show
Clear All

• Volta
    replied
    Another crap like mono from Icaza?

Leave a comment:

• bash2bash
    replied
    The whole point of WebAssembly, is to hide the code from the client.

At the moment, almost all WebAssembly code around the internet is for malicious code. Eventually, large tech companies want to take advantage of that, to run binary code on the client. That way, our implementation and code is properly hidden, because right now it is not and anyone can easily read javascript, no matter how much obfuscation you do.

Of course we don't say that to the public, in "marketing speak" we say that its faster code

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
    The answer to one question that I have about WebAssembly can determine if I like it or not...
    Can the code that the browser run be seen like for HTML, CSS and Javascript ?
    I don't want my browser to run any binary only code!

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
    The answer to one question that I have about WebAssembly can determine if I like it or not...
    WebAssembly is an instruction set so it code IR code that gets compiled down to byte code.
    But JavaScript gets compiled down to byte code using a just-in-time (JIT) compiler too.
    So WebAssembly is kind of like a platform-agnostic intermediate representation (IR) layer between the machine code and the programming languages, kind of like JVM or CIL.

Leave a comment:

• Danny3
    replied

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Yeah, WebAssembly is really cool. Microsoft use it for Blazor which is a framework which allows the developer to write code in C# then it gets executed on the client side in the web browser.

It will be interesting to see all the new things coming through WebAssembly such as virtual machines and programming langauges that gets compiled down to WebAssembly. Like you can run Python in the browser and have it compiled down to WebAssembly. There is also talk of using WebAssembly as a virtual instruction set architecture (ISA).

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Miguel de Icaza Talks Up WebAssembly Greatness

Miguel de Icaza Talks Up WebAssembly Greatness

Phoronix: Miguel de Icaza Talks Up WebAssembly Greatness

GNOME co-founder Miguel de Icaza, who also started the Mono project and now working at Microsoft following their 2016 acquisition of Xamarin, has penned his first blog post in nearly one year -- and it's about WebAssembly...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...za-WebAssembly
Working...
X