X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gobo-Linux: The next revolution ?

Hello guys,

Do you know Gobo-Linux already ? It's redefine the hole filesystem struct-
    Each app has an own folder without any kind of packages.

Regards,
    Akusari

I did hear about it.
    This concept could have fixed the famous Curse of Linux (error while loading shared libraries)...

Comment

Oh, yes, finally. This has needed to happen for so long. The fact that Linux still has a problem of DLL Hell (or SO Hell) when Windows fixed this literally decades ago is pathetic and one of my absolute biggest criticisms of literally every single distro out there. I absolutely hate how all package managers don't fix this and just pretend to juggle versions until you forget to update after a while and brick your install. It's the whole reason I wanted Snap to completely take over and kill all package managers. This is an even better solution, this better catch on.

I am still just so incredibly embittered by how slow the Linux ecosystem is with catching up to Windows and macOS. There is virtually no attempt, and any attempts that do exist like Snap and systemd are met with the most petulant, ignorant, naive backlash. Literally things that Windows has for decades, longer than some Linux users have been alive, are still in the process of or not even implemented yet in the ecosystem. Innovation is trickling at the speed of the Pitch drop experiment even with the backing of multi-billion dollar corporations like IBM and Microsoft.

I know, I know, be the change I want to see. But Windows already exists, so I don't feel the need to break my back re-inventing the wheel. I'm not that impassioned about Linux, I just want something that works. I'm just glad this crap is getting attention now. How badly the community reacts to this, like they do all change, is yet to be seen, though.

Comment

Working...
      X