Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GNU + FSF Relationship Remains Complicated But They Are Drafting A Framework

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blahblah View Post
    Que someone claiming that "likeability" is a necessary prerequisite to do that properly, something that I'll almost certainly remain unconvinced of. It seems that certain personality types want EVERY job to have "likeability" as a prerequisite, because their emotional manipulation tactics won't work otherwise.
    Being unusual and not conventionally "likeable" makes me trust him more. It's the slick Patrick Bateman types you've got to watch out for.
    Last edited by xinorom; 08 February 2020, 05:32 AM.

Comment

If at any time someone was unifying in being a diverse character, RMS was and has been that person since before I was born. He got the central idea right, and has been a testament to community based on those ideas.
      To attempt to take the life's work away from someone at the time of needing to stick to logic shows what kind of hierarchy one can do without.
      As such, maybe the FSF rid him of his biggest failing to date.

The FSF lays down the road to GPLv4+, and I have not gained trust.

Comment

People trying to remove credit from RMS make me sick to my stomach. You're basically falling into misleading misquotes and bad headlines in order to discredit someone who's essentially given his life to providing all of you with free and open-source software. It's depressing to see people who haven't done an ounce for anyone else in their lives try to ruin the reputation and livelihood of someone who's given so much to others.

Comment

Working...
        X