Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GNU + FSF Relationship Remains Complicated But They Are Drafting A Framework

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hotaru View Post
    the only person undermining Stallman is Stallman.
    He isn't the only one but he sure is one of the ones trying harder at it.

Comment

I'd let the FSF rot in his septic tank of "diVersitY" and "poliTical cOrrectness" and bring the GNU forward as last bastion of freedom.
      I give 'em max 3 years before being absorbed by Soros' Open Society cartel.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
        I always suspected the removal of RMS could have been a targeted plan that had something to do with pushing the GPLv4 to hijack and sabotage all code under prior iterations.

But then again, It's not like anyone in the world wants RMS to be the "Celebrity Star" and Image of Open Source. He's respectable for his technical contributions at the right time and place in the past but never before have I seen someone with such big Foot In Mouth disease and cross social boundaries into high-risk topics so brazenly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sJUDx7iEJw
        He is a thinker and philosopher and as such needs to go into high-risk topics brazenly.

As an exercise, try to hold your most hated extreme opinion for as long as you can and think trough the consequences.
        This could give you insights and arguments that a intellectually more lazy person could not gain.

But try to keep your mouth shut while doing your experiments as your intellectually lazy peers will take anything out of context and cancel you!
        Last edited by slalomsk8er; 07 February 2020, 09:42 AM. Reason: fix typo

Comment

It's probably for the best that GNU and the FSF get a clearer relationship and structure. As for Stallman, the only people who should decide if he stays or goes are GNU devs. Some people seem a bit too willing to cancel Stallman out of GNU.

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post
            I'd let the FSF rot in his septic tank of "diVersitY" and "poliTical cOrrectness" and bring the GNU forward as last bastion of freedom.
            I give 'em max 3 years before being absorbed by Soros' Open Society cartel.
            Oy vey. You must accept the orthodoxy of political correctness. It's for your own good, goy.

Comment

Stallman is a Stalinist, a filthy, dirty commie, one of the things that makes open source stink to high heaven. F him and everyone that agrees with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Spooktra View Post
                Stallman is a Stalinist, a filthy, dirty commie, one of the things that makes open source stink to high heaven. F him and everyone that agrees with him.
                Found the troll. You've got to be more subtle than that m8.

Comment

Originally posted by Spooktra View Post

One of the problems I have with the people who comment here, on Phoronix, is the fact that they will never come right out and say what's on their minds; they always 'beat around the bush', and will never state precisely how they feel about a particular subject.
                  Other than that serious, major problem, it's a pretty good website.

Comment

Lol some radical feminists or otherwise leftist radical accuses stallmann of being a communist.

1. that's a absurd claim he talked about that and is very fond about capitalism, he just don't like monopols and other unmoral practices.
                    2. You attacking him for some identity politics and be pro cancel culture makes you the marxist.

If Stall man would pushed out of GNU there would be needed a fork or I would join any organization to fight against GNU and the people behind it. Because then the dangerous Communist would have control over it. So any power to them would be catastrophic.

3. Except some hype there was nothing controversial that he said if you don't separate a half sentence from it's actual context. I agree to 100% to all he recently said on that topic. You can argue that in his position/job he should not say anything political, fine but if we ignore that for a second I agree to everything he said 100% there is no evidence that his collegue knew that the women did not give consent, and having legal age of 18 is retarded and at least extremely random most of the western world except christian taliban country America has lower legal age. Also in other countries having sex with underaged is not called rape. There are other words for it, some are worse but the word rape assumes no consent, but a 17 year old or 15 year old of course can consent to sex, else every sex between 2 underaged would also be rape, which is of course absurd.

But even if you disagree on that age stuff, so what, you have a different opinion is that a reason to remove somebody because you have a different opinion on a topic?

Comment

This whole "cancel Stallman" crap is nothing more than a scheme to sabotage the GPLv4 if/when it ever gets written. "But he's abrasive, and stupid, and ugly, and blah blah blah". He's been the way he is now for the last 30 years, and maybe people have forgotten, but it's not his job to be likeable or someone you agree with politically, It's his job to manage funds for a bunch of FOSS projects and debate about software licensing (speeches, emails, etc.).

Que someone claiming that "likeability" is a necessary prerequisite to do that properly, something that I'll almost certainly remain unconvinced of. It seems that certain personality types want EVERY job to have "likeability" as a prerequisite, because their emotional manipulation tactics won't work otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                      X