Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thunderbird Mail Client Now Being Pushed Along By "MZLA Technologies Corporation"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Righteous View Post

Boy that is the truth. I know because I've tried all the others that crashed and burned.
    I've been Linux only for my day to day work for 10 years now. I use TBird and connect via IMAP to the company email. The only thing it lacks is native emulation of Exchange server. There are some plug-in out there for it but not found one that didn't bring TBird to a crawl when running.
    The combination of Exquilla + TbSync works reasonably well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh View Post

Interesting! That seems to be hitting us (on Ubuntu). Any more info on this?
      Not reallly. I saw a comment on the other article indicating that the new SQLite broke Firefox / Thunderbird on Debian / Ubuntu. I then experienced the segfault myself on my LFS system when I upgraded SQLite. I attempted to recompile Thunderbird to see if it would solve the issue, but eventually decided it'd be easier to downgrade SQLite again, so I'm really none the wiser.

Comment

Originally posted by p91paul View Post
        For the reply format, I use the ReplyWithHeader extension.
        In case you'll still see this, sadly that extension is outdated and can no longer be installed with Tb latest versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
          In case you'll still see this, sadly that extension is outdated and can no longer be installed with Tb latest versions.
          Yes I forgot, on the tb addons website it is outdated. However, follow the link to the extension's own website and you can download a beta working on tb 68. I've been using it for months now and I found no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by p91paul View Post

Yes I forgot, on the tb addons website it is outdated. However, follow the link to the extension's own website and you can download a beta working on tb 68. I've been using it for months now and I found no issues.
            Thanks! That beta version works indeed.

This looks much cleaner, there's a line break and the details are displayed on a separate line.
            I don't understand why this is not integrated in TB per default. This makes professional emails with several replies from several participants so much more legible than the default cr*p.

Comment

Working...
            X