Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linus Torvalds Doesn't Recommend Using ZFS On Linux

Phoronix: Linus Torvalds Doesn't Recommend Using ZFS On Linux

Linux kernel creator Linus Torvalds doesn't recommend using ZFS On Linux at least until Oracle were to re-license the code to make it friendly for mainline inclusion. But even then he doesn't seem turned on by the ZFS features or general performance...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...o-To-ZFS-Linux

Ouch.

Comment

Reiser5 for the win! :P

Comment

I don't trust a man (Linus) who thinks that because 15 is bigger than 9, so 4.15 i bigger than 4.9. And he is in charge. WTF?!

Comment

Originally posted by Securitex View Post
          I don't trust a man (Linus) who thinks that because 15 is bigger than 9, so 4.15 i bigger than 4.9. And he is in charge. WTF?!
          The Linux version number isn't a decimal.

Comment

You say 15 is not bigger than 9?
            So what is 15, 6?

Comment

OMG, you think that too?

Comment

I've never seen the point of ZFS when we have Btrfs...

Comment

Isn't that like saying Albert Einstein's math is untrustworthy because his desk is cluttered? You picked the most trivial unimportant thing about the person and dismissed the legacy of their entire career.

Comment

Either Oracle or Microsoft (Members of Linux Foundations who pay Linux Foundation and hence pay Linus the salary) like it or not Canonical will be their competitor.

Comment

Working...
                    X