The Linux Kernel Code of Conduct Committee Begins Offering Regular Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post
    It's sad to think that there are people there getting paid for reading through all Linux related communication, and then "educating" people who don't follow their crappy CoC. Someone should reconsider whether what these killjoys do is worth the money and time spent on it, especially if they catch 1 incident out of almost 10k messages.

This is just a waste of everyone's time, that will drive people away. If I were to spend my time contributing to Linux (and I'm not planning to for now due to real name stuff, and me anticipating a change), I'd prefer to not be speech policed, especially considering that Torvalds' only saving grace was his attitude. It's almost like there's nothing positive left about the kernel, it's just getting worse with every release, and people who work on it have to put up with this crap. This was supposed to be a free software project and not corporate hell.
    Um, where did you get this nonsense? They investigate reports, ie: If someone is offended or harassed, they report it, and the committee looks into it. You seriously think they're going through every email with a fine-tooth comb to try and find anything that might be construed as offensive? Wow. This just shows how insane the rabid anti-SJW crowd is. They're literally worse than the actual SJWs. They get more offended, they're more alarmist, they're like the SJWs in every way, only even worse. You all look for these conspiracies where there are none. Damn, I mean this news here basically proves that the whole conspiracy theory that SJWs were coming to take over the Linux kernel wasn't at all based in reality, and yet still you have these crazies out here talking like freaking Richard Spencer or The Quartering. Next you'll be on about "The Great Replacement." Smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post

Tell him that, asshole
      ​​​​​​
      Jesus christ you're a terrible person. Also, you know that she's trolling, right? Go watch some oneangrygamer or The Quartering videos and come up with some more bullshit alt-right nonsense.

Comment

Why would they legally consider themselves to be an employer though?
        Does not matter if you have employees or volunteers in a workplace under your control or part under your control by the USA law you are a employer.

Workplace is openly defined to the point that a mailing list alone can be a workplace. So yes LKML is a workplace where good and services between Volunteers and employee are worked on to be provided to final consumers. If something is a workplace all labour laws apply. Yes Linux git repositories could be argued as part of workplace as well.

So Linux foundation

They run the IT of kernel.org so they in fact run the workplace of kernel.org including the mailing lists. Since that is a workplace all employees and volunteers legally using that workplace is the Linux Foundations responsibility to protect as per USA labour laws.

You can separate into multiple companies or organizations to dissolve the whole problem.
        This does not solve the problem at all.

Lot of people have the wrong idea that you can separate into multiple companies or organisations as a solution. Horrible part is all the anti discrimination part is not based on the company/organisation model but the workplace model.

This is to deal with the building site problem you may have contractors from 50 different companies on a building site. The building site is 1 workplace there is required to be 1 set of rules for labour/work place health and safety that all employees/volunteers on that site obey no matter if they are from different companies.

So does not matter if its 50 companies or billion companies working in a workplace the owner of the workplace will be responsible to obey and provide rules for usage of workplace to follow labour laws at end of day. Linux kernel at kernel.org this is the Linux foundation so the final buck if something is wrong stops with the Linux foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post
          Tell him that, asshole
          I guess you mean Greg by that. "implicit goal of fostering civility and the spirit of 'be excellent to each other'." Is in fact a direct quote from the stated objective of USA Labour laws anti discrimination objectives. Its that bit of text that told me that I better check the labour laws. If something you have implemented is not working to meet USA labour laws you are legally required to change it.

Comment

Who cares (that's a statement as well as a question).

"Linux - The beginning of the end"
            Updated: September 21, 2018

Important article slash rant about the recent story involving Linus Torvalds and his behavior in the Linux kernel development circles, the subsequent apology, the fallout, and the disturbing implications and ramifications of the whole affair on the long-term survival of Linux as a whole

Comment

Originally posted by danmcgrew View Post
              https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/...f-the-end.html
              Really government is catching up with the internet.

Coppa on youtube and other places.
              Labour law/work place health and safety laws is starting to catch up with internet operations kernel.org is just one of many of that.
              Laws about data collection.

Its really the end of the internet as we have known it.

Comment

Wowwwww. Imagine being such a 300-level IQ branlet that you think not calling people homophobic, racial or transphobic slurs is "a higher form of intolerance." This article is one of the worst faux-intellectual bullshit-philosophizing dogwhistling articles I've ever read from someone that actually tries to present themselves as reasonable. There's nothing in any of these codes of conduct, nor is anyone that advocates for CoC's saying anything about banning directness/honesty in work environments. That's an absolute strawman, and this article is full of them. Criticizing someone in a blunt/direct manner has not been the reason for any of this shit. The fact that so many otherwise-smart-seeming individuals believe such nonsense is truly troubling.

Comment

Originally posted by gardotd426 View Post

...is truly troubling.
                  I agree completely. You are obviously truly troubled.

Comment

I agree completely. You are obviously truly troubled.
                    EXCELLENT analysis. You're an absolute scholar and your takes are gold. Good lord.

Comment

Originally posted by gardotd426 View Post

EXCELLENT analysis. You're an absolute scholar and your takes are gold. Good lord.
                      Do you read much? Do you even read?
                      I didn't think so.
                      Well, even though your infantile posts have shown that it's probably wasted effort, have someone read this for you, and TO YOU:

Learn anything?
                      I didn't think so.

Comment

Working...
                      X