No announcement yet.

Debian Developers Decide On Init System Diversity: "Proposal B" Wins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i see here one anti-systemd schill who lives in alternative universe where proposal b was authored by ian jackson

Comment

It's a legitimate honor to be called an anti-systemd shill by all the most prolific pro-systemd shills on Phoronix afraid to use their real names.

You all still lost today, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by jason.oliveira View Post
        Or maybe it's because they lost? I bet it's because they lost.
        I have no horse in this race, but it sounds to me that they took the middle path ? What am I missing ?

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
          I have no horse in this race, but it sounds to me that they took the middle path ? What am I missing ?
          This was really an attempt to kill all init other than systemd in debian, after the hugely controversial vote a few years back made systemd the default. They failed real hard, and now the usual gang of pro-systemd trolls are trying to pretend 1) systemd supporters didn't lose, 2) this vote didn't really matter anyway, 3) winners are cringe, and 4) the people posting here aren't fuming about the loss that didn't happen.

Comment

I'm not even sure why this had to be voted on, as the result is the way it is anyway.

Most people prefer SystemD and that will be the primary init system. And anyone who doesn't like it is free to create and maintain their own alternatives.

A perfectly fair and reasonable solution to a problem that, in reality, doesn't exist.

Comment

Have you noticed that if you leave a pro-systemd comment as the last in the thread, it'll die off, but if you post an anti-systemd comment in a thread, a pro-systemd comment follows from a "new" person minutes later? I wonder how many times it has to happen before it's mathematically impossible to be anything else?

Comment

Willing to explore alternatives... while having to put-up with all the systemd dependencies and every package on the system having systemd related files!

Comment

Originally posted by muncrief View Post
                  I'm not even sure why this had to be voted on, as the result is the way it is anyway.

Most people prefer SystemD and that will be the primary init system. And anyone who doesn't like it is free to create and maintain their own alternatives.

A perfectly fair and reasonable solution to a problem that, in reality, doesn't exist.
                  you basically right but other init systems and their fanbois are so irrelevant this days they just make a huge thing about any tiny detail to try an maintain this image that non-systemd community is way bigger than the actual 50 guys whining on every space possible. eventually i expect reality will hit them, for now just not reply to them is usually enough to let the thread die out until the next tiny thing will come

Comment

The best way to spot a pro-systemd shill? They try to frame everyone that isn't pro-systemd as having some sort of mental illness, out of touch with "reality."
                    I wonder how many times it has to happen before it's mathematically impossible to be anything else but a targeted campaign?

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post

you basically right but other init systems and their fanbois are so irrelevant this days they just make a huge thing about any tiny detail to try an maintain this image that non-systemd community is way bigger than the actual 50 guys whining on every space possible. eventually i expect reality will hit them, for now just not reply to them is usually enough to let the thread die out until the next tiny thing will come
                      Agreed.

Especially this oliveria guy who is talking to himself and desperately trying to rile people up (I don't blame him, Phoronix is basically only good for trolling, but jesus there's trolling and then there's screeching "you suck! pay attention to meee!")

Comment

Working...
                      X