No announcement yet.

GNU Maintainers Seeking Greater Transparency, Clear Procedures From The FSF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly, RMS is reaping what he's sown. Collectivism corrodes everything it touches. I do not agree with RMS's politics, and think he's an eccentric weirdo, but it's sad to see him being witchhunted by the outrage mob.

Comment

Frankly, I'm done with the free software movement for the foreseeable future, as I've re-evaluated our present level of freedom and believe the social cost has exceed any expected benefit. As a whole we are all choked out by our own devices, and the free software movement is incapable of building us a way forward, which is why I've reluctantly moved back towards MS. If/When we get into another late 90's style situation, I promise I'll be back, but as of now you'd have to be downright masochistic to remain.

I certainly do not support the idea that Richard should not run his own organization, especially now that he is no longer running the FSF. I'm no longer willing to accept the totalitarian activists, who produce nearly nothing of value, but undermine everything they touch. It's easy to pile on to the newest shrill hypocritical political attack, it's a lot harder to actually create something from nothing, and nobody needs Richard to lose his own organization to demonstrate that we should join a new one.

If they want to run an organization that is actually concerned with our problems, instead of ideological nonsense, than I'd be more than willing to donate time and money. Unfortunately I don't see anyone with a strong enough character, or even just free of personality disorders, that is trying to lead us to our destination.
      Last edited by techzilla; 27 December 2019, 02:54 PM.

Comment

No matter your opinion regarding RMS, it is abundantly clear that at this point the FSF can no longer provide support for him directly, or indirectly. That should not (and does not) stop his independent advocacy for what he believes in, but he needs to step away from any and all part of the GNU project if he believes in it's purpose and wants to see it continue moving forward with directed FSF funding. So the question in some ways now becomes whether he believes in the GNU project itself, or whether he believes he is the project. Ideally this can all be done with all parties agreeing to the path forward, otherwise it is going to get real ugly.

Comment

So if I'm getting this right, the GNU maintainers want to circumvent Richard and have control over the GNU project?

What is with all this witch hunting? Jesus. People need to grow up and move on.

Comment

I still back RMS. The rest of you aren't GNU/FSF members anyway, so your opinions, plus $1.87CAD, will buy me a small coffee at starbucks.

Comment

Originally posted by PreparationH67 View Post

You know, lets just start with an easy one. A person who can't even be trusted to maintain basic standards of hygiene should not be a PR person for a movement or product unless that movement is centered on being an unwashed health and safety concern and proud of it.
              I totally disagree with this comment, things you mentioned have not prevented FSF and Stalman for succeeding so far and therefore those your mentioned standards should not have any meaningful merit also in future.

If these wash and go persons would have played right, they should have instead forked the FSF to their own wash organization instead of starting this political game.

Comment

Thanks you so much for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by PreparationH67 View Post

You know, lets just start with an easy one. A person who can't even be trusted to maintain basic standards of hygiene should not be a PR person for a movement or product unless that movement is centered on being an unwashed health and safety concern and proud of it.
                  Lol, really? Hygiene?
                  ​​​​​
                  Stop acting like you're some amazingly clean and hygienic person, and that somehow is the most important thing needed for judging your character.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

I feel like if you have something like this on your door https://miro.medium.com/max/4896/1*l...EafxuJsLg.jpeg

You're not mature enough to lead something so serious.
                    While it shouldn't be on a university office door, there is nothing really wrong with that sign. Stop acting like it's some great incriminating thing, that proves he's a horrible person.

I mean, he defended and approved of necrophilia on his own personal website, and that is something bad.

This sign on his door is innocuous and doesn't mean anything bad.

Comment

Starting my own FSF. f**k social [Justice Warriors] foundation

Comment

Working...
                      X