GNU Maintainers Seeking Greater Transparency, Clear Procedures From The FSF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNU Maintainers Seeking Greater Transparency, Clear Procedures From The FSF

Phoronix: GNU Maintainers Seeking Greater Transparency, Clear Procedures From The FSF

Following Richard Stallman being ousted from the Free Software Foundation, the FSF was said to be re-evaluating its relationship with the GNU while R.M.S. said no radical changes are expected. Now a group of GNU maintainers have laid out some of their desires for improving the interactions between the GNU and FSF...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good!

Better keep at safe distance now that the FSF is going apeshit ;-)

Comment

I feel these political shenanigans are just going to end up hurting both the GNU Project and the FSF.

Richard Stallman might be a difficult character, and might not be the best spokesperson and might not be the best pick for someone responsible for public relations, but I think he is being witch hunted. If you disagree with any of his opinions, then either respectfully disagree or put forward an argument against his argument.

Originally posted by Cape View Post
      Good!

Better keep at safe distance now that the FSF is going apeshit ;-)
      It is not like suddenly FSF is going apeshit. FSF have existed for 34 years, and its not like anything changed lately. So I don't know why you are trying to mislead people into believing that FSF is going apeshit. That just seems like an factually incorrect statement.

Comment

We think the FSF and the GNU Project should take advantage of recent changes in the FSF leadership to clarify their relation. Furthermore, we would like that relation to be as transparent as possible: procedures should be publicly documented, requests and replies should be logged and visible at least to members of the GNU Project, ownership of the various GNU resources should also be publicly documented.
        Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          I feel these political shenanigans are just going to end up hurting both the GNU Project and the FSF.

Richard Stallman might be a difficult character, and might not be the best spokesperson and might not be the best pick for someone responsible for public relations, but I think he is being witch hunted. If you disagree with any of his opinions, then either respectfully disagree or put forward an argument against his argument.

It is not like suddenly FSF is going apeshit. FSF have existed for 34 years, and its not like anything changed lately. So I don't know why you are trying to mislead people into believing that FSF is going apeshit. That just seems like an factually incorrect statement.
          It's been obvious for a long time that Richard Stallman is no longer the person that should lead the free software movement, that said he has done amazing things for it which should not be forgotten.

Unfortunately media needs those clicks and people need to try and get some kind of kick out of twisting what he did say and making outrage over it.

Comment

Britoid why he's no longer the right person? can you list a few arguments?

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
              You know, lets just start with an easy one. A person who can't even be trusted to maintain basic standards of hygiene should not be a PR person for a movement or product unless that movement is centered on being an unwashed health and safety concern and proud of it.

Comment

I love how THIS was the last straw for people; not Richard Stallman's life of degeneracy. I suspect there are plenty of better-hidden, greater degenerates in both camps.

Obviously this is purely political.

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
                  I feel like if you have something like this on your door https://miro.medium.com/max/4896/1*l...EafxuJsLg.jpeg

You're not mature enough to lead something so serious.

Comment

The massive attack toward free software and the end-users is already started. I watch a bunch of Linux podcasts (I won't say their names to avoid issues here) and now almost all of them have a host which is constantly trying to pull any discussion in favor of any corporations. Every time the discussion becomes user central, pointing out some misbehavior from any corporations involved, automatically starts the counter arguments and these don't finish until every all are agreed or simply gave up for whatever reason.

Comment

Working...
                    X