Systemd In Ten Years Has Redefined The Linux Landscape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post

Lets get roll out I am just a user excuse. So you are person who uses a hammer to put in a screw then wonders why a screw does not hold its rated weight right. First thing todo is find out if the tools are in fact broken or is it simply that they are being used wrong/configured wrong.

There is every possibility that the DE you had trouble running is now fixed and works perfectly with systemd.

Bug reporting systems exist to end users who cannot fix problems can report faults in location that developers of projects and distributions hear about and then can fix them as well. So don't bring this garbage that you could have done nothing to fix them. You could have opened a bug and had a bug number to point to to say I reported X problem here and it was not fixed. So can I take this that you never attempted to get the problem fixed yet you want to complain about it and also don't know if the problem was fixed because some else could have reported it and you are dare to make noise. If that the case shut up you are wasting everyone time.
    Maybe it does work now. But it did not when I needed it to. I do not have your kind of time. I reported the bug and it was ignored. The project has deleted all of their old bug reports too. Now be more wrong. I find it rather amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Frederick View Post
      Maybe it does work now. But it did not when I needed it to. I do not have your kind of time. I reported the bug and it was ignored. The project has deleted all of their old bug reports too. Now be more wrong. I find it rather amusing.
      Funny part from this I know you must not have reported against systemd itself because hello they have not in fact deleted a single issue. Locked from future posts deleted no. Also I know that you did not take out a bug with a major distribution. Like Ubuntu, Redhat, Fedora, Debian as the major distributions have not deleted a single issue/bug since their creation.

Also I know that the DE in question is not KDE, Gnome, LXDE or XFCE because their last issue/bugzilla clean out was before 2010 or before systemd existed. So no bug reported to those have been deleted.

See my problem what project are you referring to because anything major rarely deletes old bug/issue reports. So unless you can name project that has had a clean out of it issue tracking saying that it been deleted is highly suspect and sound like you were caught lieing and you decided to cover it with another lie. Yes when projects clean out their bug reports they normally archive them as well so a person like me with a old bug number normally can still access that bug report by talking to the right people.. 3 things I need is bugnumber/issue number, project and year of reporting and most cases I can get the bugreport just asking the right people.

Comment

Funny part from this I know you must not have reported against systemd itself because hello they have not in fact deleted a single issue. Locked from future posts deleted no. Also I know that you did not take out a bug with a major distribution. Like Ubuntu, Redhat, Fedora, Debian as the major distributions have not deleted a single issue/bug since their creation.

Also I know that the DE in question is not KDE, Gnome, LXDE or XFCE because their last issue/bugzilla clean out was before 2010 or before systemd existed. So no bug reported to those have been deleted.

See my problem what project are you referring to because anything major rarely deletes old bug/issue reports. So unless you can name project that has had a clean out of it issue tracking saying that it been deleted is highly suspect and sound like you were caught lieing and you decided to cover it with another lie. Yes when projects clean out their bug reports they normally archive them as well so a person like me with a old bug number normally can still access that bug report by talking to the right people.. 3 things I need is bugnumber/issue number, project and year of reporting and most cases I can get the bugreport just asking the right people.
        You're right. I reported it to the DE maintainers. Why should the SystemD devs care if some dumb DE doesn't work with their software? Now keep checking DEs to see which one has deleted their old reports. I'll let you know if you've found the right one. This is fun. I never said I was running a major DE, did I? I will say it still exists though. But no more clues. Good luck!

Comment

You're right. I reported it to the DE maintainers. Why should the SystemD devs care if some dumb DE doesn't work with their software? Now keep checking DEs to see which one has deleted their old reports. I'll let you know if you've found the right one. This is fun. I never said I was running a major DE, did I? I will say it still exists though. But no more clues. Good luck!
          There were cases where systemd has screwed emulation of old console-kit interfaces there were real fixes that went into systemd so those worked.

Distribution providing packages is also has a bugzilla/issue place to report integration issues.

I will say it still exists though. But no more clues. Good luck!
          Ok so your a lier. At least on one point. It was not DE. You had to change windows manger to windows manager. Only 3 DE to clear their issue/bugzilla lists since systemd appeared are no more. And you are raising a +7 year old issue that really as no current day reverence just to back your pointless hate of systemd.

Comment

There were cases where systemd has screwed emulation of old console-kit interfaces there were real fixes that went into systemd so those worked.

Distribution providing packages is also has a bugzilla/issue place to report integration issues.

Ok so your a lier. At least on one point. It was not DE. You had to change windows manger to windows manager. Only 3 DE to clear their issue/bugzilla lists since systemd appeared are no more. And you are raising a +7 year old issue that really as no current day reverence just to back your pointless hate of systemd.
            My issue happened in 2017. Keep guessing.

Comment

My issue happened in 2017. Keep guessing.
              No guessing there has been zero DE that cleared there issue/bug list since 2017. Maybe you were using something that is officially called a Windows Manager or a shell there is a strict differences here.

Really its about time you name up. Because your statement was absolute sure false. You said systemd had a issue with DE that did not happen in 2017 at all. There were some shells and Windows managers with issues. There was a display manager made by one minor party with a issue as well. Notice something here not a DE. So you first statement without question was wrong. Cannot give you correction if you don't name the project.

This is why it pays to name the project not guess if something is a DE/DM/WM/Shell or not because novices get this wrong all the time.
              Last edited by oiaohm; 22 December 2019, 12:52 AM.

Comment

No guessing there has been zero DE that cleared there issue/bug list since 2017. Maybe you were using something that is officially called a Windows Manager or a shell there is a strict differences here.
                Nope tis a DE. Come on there aren't that many of them. You can guess.

Comment

Nope tis a DE. Come on there aren't that many of them. You can guess.
                  I am not guessing. Because there is no DE in that time frame that cleared there issue/bugzilla list. If I am wrong its time for you to put up. Other wise you have been lieing.

I bet the moron here is wanting me to pick something like Unity that in fact was not a DE the DE of Unity was Gnome and it was only a Shell.

If it was unity you claim was absolutely wrong. There are many others like it you could have chosen that not Desktop Environments but shell modifications to existing Desktop environments.
                  Last edited by oiaohm; 22 December 2019, 01:08 AM.

Comment

I am not guessing. Because there is no DE in that time frame that cleared there issue/bugzilla list. If I am wrong its time for you to put up. Other wise you have been lieing.
                    If I say what will you do? Will you admit I'm a Linux God and bow before my leetness? Come on, it's the least you can do after putting me through so much. Because I am right and you are wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Frederick View Post
                      If I say what will you do? Will you admit I'm a Linux God and bow before my leetness? Come on, it's the least you can do after putting me through so much. Because I am right and you are wrong.
                      Not at all you will lose the title of being a time wasting troll. Keep tittle of being a deceptive idiot by not providing correct information in the first place to make your problem look more important that what it really was. Because you hated systemd and don't tolerate change. Heck changes in consolekit before systemd broke lots of things.

Comment

Working...
                      X