Glimpse 0.1 Released As The Rebranded Fork Of The GIMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Which is also the reason corporate isn't switching to Edge, because Edge is also held back by its name.
    Sure it is! [Explanation for starshipGIMPeleven: This is sarcasm, you know?]

Comment

Originally posted by Morty View Post
      <quote> I can guarantee you that they're not going to put something called GIMP on the list of available software to install</quote>

​​​​​​Odd statement, mye last two places of work GIMP is awalible in the software store. Both multinational companies, one quite large. The place before it was default installed, but that may have been a local branch thing.
      When I workerd in Government Unenployment Agency GIMP was chosen because its cost: $0. No one gives a heck about its name. I pushed the idea and it was chosen instead of Photoshop.

From lglimpsebtq+ site: Code of Conduct

Our Pledge

In the interest of fostering an open [NOT NORMAL] and welcoming [PERVERTED] environment, we as contributors [MARXIST GIMPS] and maintainers pledge to making participation in our project and our community a harassment-free [HETERO NORMATIVE] experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size [of male genitals], disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics [pride march], gender identity and expression [perverted behaviour in the middle of the city streets in broad day light], level of experience, education, socio-economic [COMMUNIST PARTY] status, nationality, personal appearance [BLUE, PINK, PURPLE, GREEN HAIR], race, religion [WE ARE ALL GOOD ATHEISTS], or sexual identity and orientation [WE ARE ALL PEDOPHILES FRIENDLY].

Comment

Originally posted by eltomito View Post
        They should've renamed it to PIG (Professional Image Gimping). That way, everybody would be happy.
        Except muslims. You white, privileged bigot! Burn in hell! [Explanation for starGIMPeleven: That's sarcasm, you know?]

Comment

I know a lot of disabled people, and I really doubt any of them found the naming or use of the term "The Gimp" offensive! Give me a million dollar piece of software, free to use, and call it whatever you darn well please.

As for the fork, I think better time would be spent forking for newer versions of GTK!

(As for the Glimpse fork, this sounds like the evil Python people's doing...)

Comment

Yet another excerpt from lglimpsebtq+ site:

Our Standards

Examples of [perverted] behavior that contributes to creating a positive [lgbtq+] environment include:
            • Using welcoming and inclusive language
            • Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences [except when you deal with far-right wing fascists!]
            • Gracefully accepting constructive criticism [Which means you have same ideals as we do! Marxism to the World!]
            • Focusing on what is best for the community [our perverted anuses]
            • Showing empathy [same political agenda] towards other community members
            Marxists at their best. West hass fallen years ago to communist agenda: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gnpCqsXE8g&t

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post

You forgot Wayland. And Pulseaudio.
              Going off topic here, but while Wayland has been working alright for me Pulseaudio still causes headaches. Audio crackling, losing all audio outputs, volume levels reset to maximum (nice feature with headphones, btw) and audio delay with some video players. 95% of the time it's fixable by running
              Code:
              pulseaudio -k
              I can live with it, but it's quite annoying. :\
              I think once I had to log my user out to fix the issue. Oh well...

Comment

Of all the hills to choose to die on.... !!

BTW. 'Glimpse' is what my teenage nephew called his folder of collected upskirt photos.

Comment

"Don't use slang:" (And I'm NO 'native'.)

"WiX" --- What?
                  2. 'fu*'
                  3. 'fu*'
                  etc. pp.

This is NOT 'offensive? - Come on!

Comment

Gimp's dead!
                    Long live KRITA!!!

Now, seriously, (and I know it's not just Gimp's fault) the project allowed it's momentum / flame to almost disappear with "too much spaced" releases and with the lack of more new features.

I remember the time it took for the gimp to get a single-window mode, for example.
                    And they managed to get gimp into GTK3 almost with gtk4 at the door...

Gimp is important for the opensource community as it's the Photoshop alternative reference (not that I consider it better than Krita, anymore. It's just more "well-known")

I just hope Krita, that's having a big momentum and that's having a nice development pace, don't follow the same mistakes and that can figure out How To stay relevant and up to date.

So far I'm not missing anything in krita while doing photo edition...

Comment

Let's rename CUDA too as it means Give Asshole in Portuguese, let's rename AMD Compute Unit, as CU is Asshole

Comment

Working...
                      X