Red Hat Is Still Hiring To Work On The Linux Desktop + Open-Source Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

I wrote the page you linked to and your assertion is flawed. For major components, they want to be active contributors and they accomplish that by paying existing volunteer developers to become full time employers or asking some of their top developers to start contributing to the existing projects they want to be more involved it. Examples of both exists, for instance, Kubernetes wasn't started by Red Hat but over time they have hired a number of active developers and they are now #2 right behind Google. The reason they do this is because it makes the project more supportable for their customers. They do it all the way from Linux kernel, glibc, gcc and so forth. GNOME contributions from Red Hat is really no different. They are perfectly fine with other organizations being active participants along with them in a equitable way. Control isn't necessary and more importantly full control is unnecessarily expensive. When it is a shared pool of organizations, everyone benefits from that better
    You are not partial, you are a Red Hat employee. Please stop your propaganda here and write it to other place, such as PR stunt pages. We are not stupid.

Red Hat wants to control the FOSS ecosystem, that's a fact. I think Red Hat will be now even more greedy, because now it's owned by IBM.

Red IBM, IBM Hat. Nazi Hat. Holocaust Hat. Auschwitz Hat.

Welcome to Nazi Linux, powered by IBM.
    Last edited by timofonic; 08 November 2019, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

You are not partial, you are a Red Hat employee. Please stop your propaganda here and write it to other place, such as PR stunt pages. We are not stupid. .
      I am not an employee of Red Hat though. I would leave the judgement on stupidity for other people to judge based on the rest of your post

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
        Someone should take the job and toss out Gnome and put them on a decently modern DE like sway. Bring them up out of the 1990's.
        Considering how hostile sway is to users that have an nvidia card (by default sway refuses to run if you have an NVidia card and you happen to have the Nvidia blob loaded , even if you don't use the blob for wayland) this is going to be unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

You are not partial, you are a Red Hat employee. Please stop your propaganda here and write it to other place, such as PR stunt pages. We are not stupid.

Red Hat wants to control the FOSS ecosystem, that's a fact. I think Red Hat will be now even more greedy, because now it's owned by IBM.

Red IBM, IBM Hat. Nazi Hat. Holocaust Hat. Auschwitz Hat.

Welcome to Nazi Linux, powered by IBM.
          Good. They can buy Nokia and drop that QT CLA

Sieg Hat

Comment

If a library is written in Rust, it is native and doesn't itself doesn't require C, whether the kernel or loader uses C depends on what language those are written in, could be C++ for instance
            well, i guess same goes about any other language

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
              Swift is the future
              in apple cage

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                Why not? They also release it under FOSS license
                because they also sell it under proprietary license

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                  Except C is systems programming language, while Python is not. That's why Rust is more appropriate replacement for both C and C++ as a systems programming option.
                  only next version of c++ can be appropriate replacement for c++. random language of the day can't be replacement because it doesn't share c++ design goals

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                    well, i guess same goes about any other language
                    Not quite. Languages like Vala compiles down to C. Several others languages like Python themselves use C internally for performance sensitive code

Comment

• Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
                      Not quite. Languages like Vala compiles down to C.
                      that's just one implementation. there are rust implementations transpiling to c. and first version of c++ was doing that. in this case c is not bad because human isn't writing it. and it is certainly not worse than assembler or machine code(that's what your rust compiler generates)
                      Several others languages like Python themselves use C internally for performance sensitive code
                      again there are python on c# and python on python(yes, this cycle has to be broken somehow) and probably others

Comment

Working...
                      X