Swift is the future
    in apple cage

Comment

• Originally posted by shmerl View Post
      Why not? They also release it under FOSS license
      because they also sell it under proprietary license

Comment

• Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        Except C is systems programming language, while Python is not. That's why Rust is more appropriate replacement for both C and C++ as a systems programming option.
        only next version of c++ can be appropriate replacement for c++. random language of the day can't be replacement because it doesn't share c++ design goals

Comment

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          well, i guess same goes about any other language
          Not quite. Languages like Vala compiles down to C. Several others languages like Python themselves use C internally for performance sensitive code

Comment

• Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
            Not quite. Languages like Vala compiles down to C.
            that's just one implementation. there are rust implementations transpiling to c. and first version of c++ was doing that. in this case c is not bad because human isn't writing it. and it is certainly not worse than assembler or machine code(that's what your rust compiler generates)
            Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
            Several others languages like Python themselves use C internally for performance sensitive code
            again there are python on c# and python on python(yes, this cycle has to be broken somehow) and probably others

Comment

• Originally posted by timofonic View Post
              You are not partial, you are a Red Hat employee. Please stop your propaganda here and write it to other place, such as PR stunt pages. We are not stupid.
              Red Hat wants to control the FOSS ecosystem, that's a fact. I think Red Hat will be now even more greedy, because now it's owned by IBM.
              Red IBM, IBM Hat. Nazi Hat. Holocaust Hat. Auschwitz Hat.
              Welcome to Nazi Linux, powered by IBM.
              I am not a redhat employee(yet) and i do not even have any Fedora or Redhat linux installed ... on my main desktop i use debian10.

so in your logic this makes me perfect to judge at this topic and i think the redhat people are right that CLA software do not support FLOSS instead it supports closed source.

this means if you want to support closed source and evil companies who secretly fighting against FLOSS in the cloaked in the dark with subversive 5. collone Stasi tactics means like a secret intelligence organisation using dirty false flag tactics ... then yes you are free of using CLA Software...

But if you want to ONLY support TRUE FLOSS and only FLOSS ... then you go the RedHat way.

and now you can call me all you want like "Nazi" or "Holocaust denier" or even "Fascist" I really do not care about the Opinion of a stupid man.
              Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                that's just one implementation. there are rust implementations transpiling to c. and first version of c++ was doing that. in this case c is not bad because human isn't writing it. and it is certainly not worse than assembler or machine code(that's what your rust compiler generates)

again there are python on c# and python on python(yes, this cycle has to be broken somehow) and probably others
                There is only one implementation of Vala and it transpiles to C. There are no usable implementations of Rust that compiles to C. I made no comments about whether generating C is good or bad. I am neutral on that. I was just making a simple observation on the differences in implementation. For Python, the default reference implementation is what I am talking about. In any case, at this point, I think we both agree on the basic facts. I will leave it at that.

Comment

• Qaridarium Debian is a solid anti-CLA distribution. Debian and GNOME teamed up and convinced Gitlab that CLA was unethical and bad for the community.

https://about.gitlab.com/press/relea...r-license.html

Do you use one of the many Truly Free desktops that fight against CLA?

Comment

• Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                    [USER="17585"]
                    Do you use one of the many Truly Free desktops that fight against CLA?
                    well i use kde as a end-user without contribute any to the project no code not even bug-report. means i never ever touch the CLA.
                    this means if i would start to develop code i would not contribute to KDE because of the CLA.
                    in future i will check gnome maybe i change my behavior in using kde,
                    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

• Qaridarium There‚Äôs your first and best chance to counter CLA..

Comment

Working...
                      X