Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Will Release Their Edge Web Browser For Linux

Phoronix: Microsoft Will Release Their Edge Web Browser For Linux

Microsoft announced at their Ignite conference in Seattle that their Edge web-browser will see a Linux release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, sure. It's just a Chromium re-spin. So, why not? When they release Office for Linux then I'll actually sit up and pay attention. Microsoft is becoming a Azure cloud company that happens to sell an OS and some applications. All their billing, etc... is moving to a cloud subscription model.

Comment

The least they could do, I mean, Chromium is already multiplatform...

Comment

As if we didn't already have over three dozen web browsers based on Chromium.

Comment

Am I the only one thinking that this is humiliating for Microsoft who controlled 95% of the browser market share 15 years ago to now use Google's browser, give up the smartphone race and lose the web search battle?

Comment

We should be thankful to MS to publish another useless re-skin of Chromium as this showcases their commitment to the open source community.

Some people suggesting this is completely pointless are just old people who don't know the new MS loves Linux, get excited about MS products.

/SARC OFF

Comment

Microsoft Edge for Linux? So there's malware for Linux after all!

Comment

One year later: Microsoft Will Release Office For Linux

Comment

Disgusting.
                  Why would I use a browser from the company that makes the spyware disguised as an OS (Windows 10) and tries to destroy their last good OS (Windows 7) ?
                  So, no thanks!
                  I don't want spyware on Linux too!

Comment

I have three questions: Why? Why? And.... Why???

Comment

Working...
                    X