GNU Project Developers Debate A Restructuring As A "Bottom Up" Organization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hotaru View Post
    no, his misogyny clearly revealed his gender.
    it's far from a fully confirmed misogyny in that post, but feel free to assume a whole slew of things just to confirm your world view.
    the reaction to my post here makes it very obvious that I wasn't just overreacting or misunderstanding. there was even a (now deleted?) ridiculous James-Damore-style "women can't code" rant.
    Not sure what this is even supposed to mean. Someone is a moron, someone said it can very well be overreacting, I also cited my own experience that opensource projects are far from warm and welcoming even without pulling in gender and assumptions on that.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      Not sure what this is even supposed to mean.
      your lack of reading comprehension skills isn't my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by AsuMagic View Post
        You all love to bring in SJWs everywhere and have to bring up cringy "DiD YoU JuST aSsUMe ThEiR GenDeR LoL?".
        Same shit on every thread.
        Hey it's not my fault if most of their arguments fall apart by just pointing out that same thing over and over.

Sexism

It's not even related.
        You need to understand the basic concept I told you already above. The thread (any thread) is only vaguely related to the news piece and the people are more bickering among themselves than about the news.

And yes, if I see someone that claims "As a man, you don't get to decide what counts and what doesn't." I'm going to react because that's sexist as shit so they need to get down from their white horse.

All. The. Time.
        That's how humans actually work, the internet only makes this more obvious as it gives a sense of anonimity and so on.
        People working in retail can confirm.

Comment

unapproved post for AsuMagic above

Comment

Finished reading the entire discuss chain from the link. Now...

What I can glimpse from it is RMS and major maintainers should start searching and training their apprentices to reduce the key person risk factors on the GNU projects, reduce reliance on decisions made from FSF, and find a way to ensure that after the current generation leaves, the core principles of GNU project will be unchanging.

Or am I missing something?

Comment

ThEiR GenDeR
              In some [spoken] languages some names are masculine while in other language they are the opposite.

Comment

RMS should just tell these people to fork off. We neither want nor need politics in software development.

Comment

Yeah, and RMS is certainly known for keeping politics out of software development.
                  (Oh, the irony )

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                    At least many of these are good and valid points, unlike today's horrible political trends ("social justice", acceptance of LGBT+, acceptance of overweight, etc.)
                    That's my point - it's not a problem of politics in code - nobody here seems to have a problem with that principle. The complaint about politics having no place in code only appears when the poster disagrees with those politics. Even the selection of a licence for a software project involves a certain amount of politics.

A call to remove politics from code can sound like a reasonable proposition - after all, code is bits and bytes, not human, so let's focus on fixing bugs and making things faster! - but is usually used as a respectable-sounding way to drown out or suppress the politics that are being disagreed with, without doing so explicitly.

Comment

Originally posted by hotaru View Post
                      your lack of reading comprehension skills isn't my problem.
                      Your lack of writing skills isn't my problem

Comment

Working...
                      X