GNU Project Developers Debate A Restructuring As A "Bottom Up" Organization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AsuMagic View Post
    Incredibly bold to say in a thread where about everyone gets offended, cries and spouts the usual bigotry and conspiracy theories for something absolutely unimportant (aka the debianxfce syndrome).
    Sorry what?

Do you even know what "being offended" is? Have you ever interacted with SJWs or even saw the bs they post on twitter, tumblr or facebook just because someone "offended them"?

This is just normal discussion between adults in an informal environment where you can't punch people in the face but still need to convey the sentiment.

Comment

No shit.

The guy he attacked posted a suggestion.
      He didn't threaten of anything. He asked for comments and criticism.
      How the hell does that constitute sabotage.

Please restrict manipulating what people say or intent to politics. Oh wait. You all turned this into politics, ironically.
      Maybe, the meaning of words are different, in different zones of the globe... and we know that this is an absolute truth..
      Maybe because of that you miss-interpreted what I said..

One thing is also truth,
      The moment you were more in need of support...will be the moment when you will find the amount of people that is at your side..

When I was talking about sabotage, it was on spot( on the subject of the Article written by Michael, about the GNU.. ).
      It was in that context that I spoke about some people trying to sabotage the GNU project,
      In the quest for power( that I think is very well understood by a lot of users here..sabotage doesn't mean bombs, or any other type of explosive, bullets and so on, sabotage is a concept.. for those who like history, can also be called "fifth column".. )..

That principle, of trying to get benefits, in a so low manner, in my opinion, is wrong..
      You can't suddenly starts to attack a target, expecting your movement to corrode the organisation at some extent that, you get the Legitimate people behind out of their project( and by that, some would expect they could substitute that legitimate people in their role.. )..

Ideologically, that's wrong, and I hope you realise that..
      Rules, etiquette, manners, are the base, a common ground for several people to work together, but I didn't saw RMS breaking any of them..

I was not attacking someone, only using logic to argue, with the subject..

Comment

What a non-constructive attitude on meaningless mambo-jumbo subject(s).
        conspiracies, Illuminati and other alien-based stories, Bible-inspired as well as radically anti-religious obscure worldviews, "pyramidologists", etc.
        This. Instead on focus on coding, bugs, performance. Android version complete disaster with a browser market share, quasi non existent.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          Bullshit, this was NOT a suggestion https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...05#post1134405

It was stated as a fact, when it was most definitely not. That marks him as fair game, no quarter.
          I'm talking about the guy who wrote this mail: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/g.../msg00002.html
          Not anyone else. I don't know what you mean but unless your link is broken I have no idea what it is supposed to tell me.

Comment

Sorry what?

Do you even know what "being offended" is? Have you ever interacted with SJWs or even saw the bs they post on twitter, tumblr or facebook just because someone "offended them"?

This is just normal discussion between adults in an informal environment where you can't punch people in the face but still need to convey the sentiment.
            You all love to bring in SJWs everywhere and have to bring up cringy "DiD YoU JuST aSsUMe ThEiR GenDeR LoL?".
            Same shit on every thread.
            It gets tiresome.

It's not even related.

The reason being simple, again, it's very convenient to categorize anyone you disagree to to a group you hate already.

Seriously though. EVERY TIME anything something vaguely controversial is brought up on these forums it's always a complete shitshow.
            People being extremely hostile to whoever is mentioned in whatever article, and then surprised when you call them out on being obnoxious.
            There is not even any new argument brought up. Blah blah SJWs, blah blah witch hunt, blah blah cancer, blah blah it obviously profits Microsoft, blah blah EEE, blah blah RedHat.

All. The. Time.

Comment

I don't know what you mean
              I mean that none on phoronix reads the actual source and most of the bickering happens between commenters posting bullshit and others scolding them.

tux3dv was just answering to that guy posting on phoronix I linked, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
                The moment you were more in need of support...will be the moment when you will find the amount of people that is at your side..

(snip)
                If you are talking about RMS... Dude. Do you seriously think he's having a hard time finding support within GNU?
                If some people are right about anything in this forum thread, it's about the fact that people who don't want of RMS is a minority within GNU (and you don't have to hate him to want a different structure).
                And for that reason, this guy in the mailing list likely expected the idea to not be received positively.
                If he really expected to earn any sort of power from this, well... I would say that was a pretty incredibly terrible attempt at it.

Either way, talking about sabotage is extreme extrapolation. Not a natural deduction.

Comment

"as a man"?

Are you assuming his gender?
                  no, his misogyny clearly revealed his gender.

Are you also assuming that someone regardless of gender can't just point out that maybe she was just overreacting or misunderstanding?
                  the reaction to my post here makes it very obvious that I wasn't just overreacting or misunderstanding. there was even a (now deleted?) ridiculous James-Damore-style "women can't code" rant.

Comment

Originally posted by archibald View Post

GNU is an explicitly political organisation, and was founded as such - on gnu.org they have a 'take action' section with (at the time of writing) the current goals:
                    • Support the efforts on net neutrality in the USA, and in your home country.
                    • Defend privacy, and support global copyright reform
                    • Support current FSF campaigns.
                    • Fight against software patents: worldwide, and in Europe.
                    All of these are political, rather than code-related in their nature. There's more to software, and particularly open source software, than what's in the repository.
                    At least many of these are good and valid points, unlike today's horrible political trends ("social justice", acceptance of LGBT+, acceptance of overweight, etc.)

(Only partially related: my country has a misandric supermarket which strongly favors women (regardless of experience!) (despite them being the majority when it comes to shopping, according to my parents), and since then the cashiers only got slower and the queues take so much longer. It's getting on my nerves!)
                    Last edited by tildearrow; 23 October 2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I just don't think bottoms-up would work for projects like Linux or GNU. It will turn into a deadlock of differing opinions.

Comment

Working...
                      X