Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
    I know someone that is very happy with this whole situation:

"yes, yes, Satya managed to infiltrate and destroy the 'cancer' that I never managed to defeat."
    +1 point for managing to bring in Microsoft in a completely irrelevant context.
    Looks like we have worthy debianxfce replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by AsuMagic View Post

+1 point for managing to bring in Microsoft in a completely irrelevant context.
      Looks like we have worthy debianxfce replacements.
      You're doing it wrong. It's +5 points for bringing a picture of Ballmer into the discussion.

Comment

That would be so convenient for you.

Unfortunately, I think that such actual maintainers did more than most people pushing this argument combined.
        It's not about some sort of weird convenience for me (I'm sure that made sense in your head), it's about the trend that complainers and contributors tend to be different groups.

If the guy who authored the email in question forked his primary project (classpath), nobody would notice because that project is long dead (last release in 2012).

Comment

+1 point for managing to bring in Microsoft in a completely irrelevant context. Looks like we have worthy debianxfce replacements.
          Did you really have to repost/quote the image in addition to the text? That is 4chan style. Cut that out.

Comment

As for talking about actual contents in the link... Well, I personally don't think this has anything to do with ridiculous situation encircling FSF.

Regardless of what someone feel about RMS or anyone for that matter, it isn't going to change the fact that they WILL be forced to retire when nature comes to demand their organic materials back. The very person on that mail is approaching fifties and RMS himself is at the neck of retirement age.

If something would happen to them and there is no one to follow them up, resulting chaos will ensure that people with most political skills will get into the position of authority over people with an appropriate background. If so, growing potential future leader seems to be a reasonable approach.

Disclaimer: I didn't read the entire chain of the discussion that occurred, so there may be nuances that I'm completely missing.

Comment

A bunch of Extremely Normal People in this thread. This isn't some sort of vast conspiracy, this is a result of a bunch of simmering discontent that's been brewing for a long time until it came to a head after RMS acquitted himself in just about the worst way possible. All they're talking about is making the organization more democratic and reducing bus factor. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                I know someone that is very happy with this whole situation:

"yes, yes, Satya managed to infiltrate and destroy the 'cancer' that I never managed to defeat."
                The Assertion That Microsoft Uses Communist Tactics Against GNU/Linux and Free/Libre Software

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

Did you really have to repost/quote the image in addition to the text? is 4chan style. Cut that out.
                  O.K.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                    You know, that shouldn't happen. Richard Stallman should always stay at the top of the project, and not be influenced by those who want to insert politics into code!
                    I hope that doesn't!
                    To be honest, I don't understand what those false 'Freedom Priests' are doing at GNU..
                    If they want some power( almost grabbing by force.. what a shame for them.. ), they can just start their own project, and left other people projects follow their paths..

In that way, they don't have to fight for power, in a so dirty way..
                    Does they even know what freedom means??!

Comment

The sheer idiocy in those forums' posts is incredible.
                      It's only idiocy if you don't know what forum you're on. The ability to fork your code and leave IS the best part of it all.

Comment

Working...
                      X