Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canonical Is At Around 437 Employees, Pulled In $99M While Still Operating At A Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
    How about offering people who care about latency an appropiate kernel?
    how about fixing bugs in your kernels instead of resubmitting them to competitor's bugtracker?

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by msotirov
    Stocks don't work that way. Shareholders don't get shit as long as they don't sell their stocks. Technically Red Hat can use the money to invest in buying Canonical if they want to.
    technically redhad didn't get any money from transaction. i.e. stocks don't work that way etc

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by jacob View Post
    Frankly I don't get this obsession with Canonical's CLAs. They only ever come into play if you want your code to be merged by Canonical. You can still develop patches, fork, maintain your own version etc. without having to worry about a single CLA.
    yes, clas only come into play when you want to cooperate, lol

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    btw, do you remember people on this forum proclaiming canonical's profitability? that's why you can't compare canonical's actions to established business' actions
    Last edited by pal666; 10-17-2019, 09:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by zamadatix View Post
    An employee costs more than just their salary, usually add a bump of 25%.
    i heard something like x2 or x3

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    Charlie68 Post-CLA Canonical employs a lot of desktop developers.
    They still use contributor license agreements. e.g. snap.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    skeevy420 How’s the view from the Dunning-Kruger peak?
    Nowhere near as good as your view from the Dunning-Kruger moon.

Leave a comment:

• 144Hz
    replied
    skeevy420 How’s the view from the Dunning-Kruger peak?

Leave a comment:

• 144Hz
    replied
    Charlie68 Post-CLA Canonical employs a lot of desktop developers.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie68
    replied
    I am not a fan of Red Hat, nor of Canonical, but I find it curious and perhaps a bit stupid to go against those who contributed heavily to make GNU / Linux usable by all of us. Well Canonical historically has never made great contributions, this is known to all, just look at what Canonical contributes in the Kernel, on the contrary Red Hat (which is not particularly nice to me) is historically known for great contributions to the Gnu / Linux ecosystem. Obviously not only Red Hat, great contributions come from Debian and also from openSUSE. Spitting in the dish where you eat is not a great idea! So as a Gnu / Linux user I would like many more contributions from all, including Canonical.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X