Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imad Sousou Steps Down As Head Of Intel's Open-Source Efforts

Phoronix: Imad Sousou Steps Down As Head Of Intel's Open-Source Efforts

After an incredible 25 year journey at Intel and having founded the Open-Source Technology Center, Imad Sousou announced today he is stepping away from Intel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Kind of sad to hear this... What is actually going on?
    First Stallman, and now Intel?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Kind of sad to hear this... What is actually going on?
      25 years is a long time, this Could be a desire for retirement. If not retirement maybe he has an eye on something more worthwhile.
      Last edited by wizard69; 07 October 2019, 05:13 PM. Reason: Autocorrect nonsense that even I couldn’t understand.

Comment

They should update their 01.org links. It's like trying to check on Wikipedia's sources - Intel's 01.org site has lots of projects with lots of dead links. I would assume those are zombie projects with un-maintained code, but it's hard to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          May be, as the Stallman seat is vacant, ...

Comment

To me, that guy was the most redeeming quality of Intel, and by a very wide margin.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              To me, that guy was the most redeeming quality of Intel, and by a very wide margin.
              Even more so than Ikey Doherty?

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Even more so than Ikey Doherty?
                Ikey is a great dude but it doesn't make sense to compare the two, considering the difference in age and responsibilities at Intel.

Comment

Working...
                X