No announcement yet.

The FSF Is Re-Evaluating Its Relationship With The GNU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This RMS Gate has been very helpful IMO.
    I long thought that the FSF - and many other FLOSS orgs - were infested by SJW nazis.
    Now we all have the proof of it!

Comment

As part of our commitment to supporting the development and distribution of fully free operating systems, the FSF provides GNU with services like fiscal sponsorship, technical infrastructure, promotion, copyright assignment, and volunteer management.
      This has suddenly gotten quite worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by Filiprino View Post
        Because someone on the Internet writes bullshit you don't throw away decades of work.
        Even moreso when said decades of work is what brought GNU/Linux into existence, and thus allowed the internet server to have an OS to run and exist, enabling the proverbial someone to write bullshit to begin with. Notice the irony ?

Dear SJW, the very internet that you're using to scream "Outrage !" on, was built thanks to the groundwork laid by people such as RMS and Linus.
        Now go back to creating killing drone for your employer(*).

---

(*) - Not a joke, check LinkedIn.

Comment

L_A_G If there was the possibility to spend a hundred likes for your post I would have taken it.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
            "something" is being very clever about breaking up the main "open computing" groups.

Is there some sort of poll for those wanting RMS out? Who exactly is pushing this agenda?

The robot / programmer in me says that Stallman has done far more good than bad. He should stay. I am quite surprised that there are those who don't feel the same.
            It's nothing more than the unintended (or intended?) side-effects of #MeToo and Cancel Culture. Unfortunately, we started punishing people for stuff that happened 20+ years ago which has made all sorts of organizations, not just the open-source ones, start to look at people under a microscope for anything they may or may not have said or done in the past that can even look bad. The problem is it was 20 years ago. Not that I don't feel bad for people, just that I'd say something a hell of a lot sooner than 20 years later if I was molested and harassed on a habitual basis and it just seems f*cking off that one would wait a decade or two to say something.

The problem is that if it's acceptable to punish the people the #MeTooers are accusing for stuff that happened so long ago with no or next to no evidence, it makes it more and more acceptable to punish anyone for anything else done in the past, morally or legally wrong, when there is actual evidence and that's exactly what's going on now. It doesn't matter that he's since recanted those statements or that all he did was defend his dead friend from #MeTooers because the retarded moral crusade doesn't care about the facts and they don't have a statute of limitations. You'd think retarded moral crusades like this wouldn't happen in a country that's made-up of mainly "forgive and forget Christians", yet here we are.

Historically in America, we go through some retarded moral crusade every 50 years or so. We have some worthwhile ones like ending slavery and women's rights, but in-between then we become retarded and dump beer down the gutter or we defeat the Nazis to become Nazis to find those evil Commies infiltrating America. Now we're going full-blown Orwell because we allowed people who accused people of heinous crimes 10-20+ years ago to be considered considered credible which led to the retarded paranoia we're facing today.

Just look at that beer dude posting about Tosh.0 jokes when he was 16 and all the bullcrap that caused. Teens watching Daniel Tosh post offensive jokes to each other...OMG. RMS is a public face and, because of that, has more people looking at him to try to find anything negative about him to justify vilifying him in our latest retarded moral crusade.

Another way of looking at it is we're running out of people to hate on without fear of repercussion from the PC moral crusaders. Can't say anything negative about the LGBTQ community or you're a bigot. Say anything negative about another color than yourself and you're a racist...except white people...apparently some bullcrap some assholes did 400 years ago makes that acceptable. Eat the wrong food and you're a culture thief. Say you don't like the new Ghostbusters and you're a sexist. Say you don't like anything and you get labeled with an ism or an ist. Heck, just last week someone accused me of "hate speech" because I stated that I disliked Gnome. That was it. Simply having a dislike was enough to trigger another in to throwing hate speech accusations.

So to answer your question: We're doing this to ourselves. That something is society at large going through a retarded moral crusade.

I will say that I find it extremely fucked up that I live in the kind of country that cares enough about some bullshit that happened 20 years ago to go on a moral crusade about it while simultaneously kidnapping children from their parents and making them sleep with aluminum foil space blankets because they have the audacity to flee gang and drug violence that's directly caused by my country's drug laws and various organizations within my government funding dictators in those countries long enough for the cartels to take hold so they could take their drug profits and run deals with some other terrorists that ended up flying planes into buildings...fuck...

Comment

Originally posted by mb_q View Post
              Putting moral aspects aside, single charismatic leader is good for revolution, but is a terrible solution in the long term, seriously hurting the robustness of the whole organisation. IMHO with RMS becoming a PR minefield on a wide scale, this just become evident in the FSF, despite the sentiment for his achievements and ideals.
              Except RMS has never been "charismatic", more of an awkward clown, and no one ever took him seriously besides the few insider hardcore zealots. That's his life's crisis which he still hasn't processed, and just keeps calling others names for achieving what he couldn't.

"the Free Software Foundation providing for GNU's financial needs, technical infrastructure, copyright assignment, volunteer management, and related duties"

I.e. everything? About friggin' time they stop wasting money on RMS travelling around and talking about his pipe dreams. Btw. how's that Hurd work going? Quite ridiculous. Dude attempted to take over kernel and glibc, among other things. He had a few good years back in the 80s (i.e. 3 decades ago), but it went all downhill from there.

And I say this completely aside from the current hysteria regarding whatever comments he made about pedos or stuff. I couldn't care less about that, haven't even read those articles. My opinion originates from much much earlier. It's just that he's a paranoid, completely out of touch, arrogant, control freak leader with not much talent, and should've been done away with much, much earlier.
              Last edited by anarki2; 07 October 2019, 08:27 AM.

Comment

So who's in charge of the FSF now? And whomever it is, can we vet them by going through the last two decades of their emails? Just in case they ever said or did anything someone somewhere doesn't approve, so we can toss them out.

I'm very happy RMS didn't step down from GNU. These outrage mobs (fake outrage, mostly) are used to usurp power. All you have to do to is ignore them and they go away. Example: Chappelle's sticks and stones has a 99% user review. Turns out the outrage doesn't exist. It's all smoke and mirrors. We've let the 0.1% crazies take over the world.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                  Historically in America, we go through some retarded moral crusade every 50 years or so.
                  I don't think we've ever stopped being on a moral crusade. Going back 50 years would ignore the moral police going after Bill Clinton for the Lewinsky scandal for example.

Comment

Originally posted by mmmbop View Post

I don't think we've ever stopped being on a moral crusade. Going back 50 years would ignore the moral police going after Bill Clinton for the Lewinsky scandal for example.
                    I don't disagree with that assessment, I just think we have periodical low and high points with us currently somewhere around:

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                      The problem is that if it's acceptable to punish the people the #MeTooers are accusing for stuff that happened so long ago with no or next to no evidence, it makes it more and more acceptable to punish anyone for anything else done in the past, morally or legally wrong, when there is actual evidence and that's exactly what's going on now. It doesn't matter that he's since recanted those statements or that all he did was defend his dead friend from #MeTooers because the retarded moral crusade doesn't care about the facts and they don't have a statute of limitations. You'd think retarded moral crusades like this wouldn't happen in a country that's made-up of mainly "forgive and forget Christians", yet here we are.
                      Nah, that attitude is like, from the Middle Ages, and it's an opressive, mysoginistic, racist, ploy from the priviledged to sweep their crimes against the opressed, and im literally shaking.
                      Don't tell me to calm down when you're stepping on my toes, and other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X