Richard Stallman Reportedly Steps Down As Head Of The GNU Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leiptrstormr
    If we could get rid of the homosexual, and transgender apologist, things would be great.
    I would love to get rid of tolls.

Comment

Originally posted by azdaha View Post

Maybe; but the question is the direction in which it goes.

sidenote: Too many trolls around everywhere these days
      Did they pay the toll?

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
        I'm really not a fan of what he says, but these witch hunts are just wrong. Regardless of his opinions and views, Richard Stallman has done amazing things for the FOSS movement and we can't pretend that didn't happen.

What happened to innocent before proven guilty?
        Does not apply to witch hunts. That's why they are so useful to get rid of people you don't want.

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
          Yes stallman is guilty of toxic behavior... is he practically the poster child for toxic behavior. At multiple levels even. So no this is not some SJW witch hunt... its just him finally getting what is due despite years of his position and fame holding it back.
          I'm not sure how getting trampled by a witch hunt over some bs he wrote has any bearing about his other "toxic behaviour".

Comment

Originally posted by cjcox View Post
            Waiting for editorial cartoons showing RMS visiting Hans Reiser in jail...
            The entire concept of comparing someone posting bs to a fucking murderer is kind of off the charts, but I think that given the trends it's probably going to happen within weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
              So as long as the crime is heinous enough to warrant the death penalty they don't share the information learned? Is that how that works? Like, do they share the information on a diddler but not share the information on a diddler that kills the diddled afterwards because that's a capitol offense?
              That's what happens when a country disagrees with the punishments given in another.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post

I'm not sure how getting trampled by a witch hunt over some bs he wrote has any bearing about his other "toxic behaviour".
                Because he should have been trampled 10 times over already... this is just the last straw effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
                  Because he should have been trampled 10 times over already... this is just the last straw effectively.
                  Most of the witch hunt trampling him now barely know who he is. This is not "last straw", this is completely unconnected to whatever he did previously and went mostly unnoticed.

Even if he might have earned this, supporting random witch hunts is still an exceptionally bad thing to do. Who will be next.

Comment

[deleted]
                    Last edited by teresaejunior; 08 November 2020, 09:41 PM.

Comment

This really gives new context to Free Speech, which many western societies seem to take pride in. Oh sure, you can speak whatever you want, but be prepared to be dragged through the mud and have you career ruined for anything you say that does not conform to our sacred social norms. It's quite hypocritical.

Comment

Working...
                      X