Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josh_walrath View Post
    If the future of open source
    Open source has more than enough ambitious, entitled corporations to keep it going.

Comment

Originally posted by hotaru View Post

hopefully he'll find a place far away from any women and children.
      That's fucked up. Don't be like that. Stallman's a good person who means well but who has... outdated and harmful cultural presets. And friends with ones too. Combine that with his version of untactful social media use, and *that's* why he's a poor leader for any community that values inclusivity, not because he's a predator.

It sucks, but even a good person isn't entitled to head or represent organizations, especially if they themselves care about them and don't want to see them sinking because of one person's bad PR.

Comment

Originally posted by leiptrstormr
        If we could get rid of the homosexual, and transgender apologist, things would be great.
        I honestly can't tell if you're for or against equal rights.

Comment

Originally posted by fsfhfc2018 View Post

Open source has more than enough ambitious, entitled corporations to keep it going.
          ...until at some point they decide to close the source down, thanks to the rise of permissive licenses like MIT and BSD.

Comment

Maybe Microsoft will hire him. They LOOOVE Linux now, right? And Bill Gates was associated with Jeffrey Epstein -- maybe RMS can write some apologist's notes in Bill Gates favor?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

...until at some point they decide to close the source down, thanks to the rise of permissive licenses like MIT and BSD.
              That's open source. Today more than most days, it should be clear that open source has nothing to do with freedom, or defending the person that made open source possible. (With scant exceptions of course https://lists.debian.org/debian-deve.../msg01641.html)

Comment

Originally posted by royce View Post
                You lot do realise he's an underage sex apologist, right? He might've done heaps for the free software movement, but he's still a toxic figure. Good riddance.
                Did you actually get that from what he said or is that what CNPC's firmware update told you to say?

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69

I’m not a big fan of Stallman but frankly he is getting screwed over here. No ones job should hinge on a few words. The left reminds me sadly of the McCarthy era and honestly they are using the same tactics. Extremely disturbing to say the least. Just yesterday I learned that NYC has outlawed speech they don’t like there. Disgusting and overbearing.

I have to wonder how Apple will handle some of these leftist Democrats that are actively trying to tear the company apart, some of which are in the running for the White House. If Apple wants to stay Apple they may very well have to support Trump or whomever gets the Republican ticket.

the only good thing about this battle for the Constitution is that the vast majority of liberals are concentrated in Cities thus are easy targets.
                  With the Dems supporting the TPP to the right waging war on net neutrality (among many other things) for personal gains, I don't think any political party in the U.S. is acting purely in the interest of the common man/woman. After the 9/11 attacks, especially, personal freedoms have gone out the window. Yet another example of this, just today:

Comment

Originally posted by fsfhfc2018 View Post

Maybe; but the question is the direction in which it goes.

sidenote: Too many trolls around everywhere these days

Comment

Originally posted by azdaha View Post

With the Dems supporting the TPP to the right waging war on net neutrality (among many other things) for personal gains, I don't think any political party in the U.S. is acting purely in the interest of the common man/woman. After the 9/11 attacks, especially, personal freedoms have gone out the window. Yet another example of this, just today:

My goodness. That last half of the line is the scary part.

The U.K. and the U.S. have agreed not to investigate each other’s citizens as part of the deal, while the U.S. won’t be able to use information obtained from British firms in any cases carrying the death penalty.
                      So as long as the crime is heinous enough to warrant the death penalty they don't share the information learned? Is that how that works? Like, do they share the information on a diddler but not share the information on a diddler that kills the diddled afterwards because that's a capitol offense? Does that mean that multinational criminals should stay out of express-lane death penalty Texas and kick it in hippie California? My logical side is all WTF and my multinational criminal syndicate side is all Hmmm...intradesting.

Comment

Working...
                      X