Clear All

• Templar82
    replied
    A dark day for free software.

Leave a comment:

• fuzz
    replied
    Originally posted by royce View Post
    I wasn't aware the fight against sexual predators and their apologists had anything to do with politics.
    I didn't say it did. Please do not imply I said something that I did not, like those talking about RMS.

Leave a comment:

• moilami
    replied
    Originally posted by Niarbeht View Post

Free association.

If a bunch of people who work with a douche tell the douche to leave, that's none of your damn business unless you're either the douche, or one of the douche's co-workers.
    I think that bunch of people should then take their leave. I for one can volunteer to help replace them. Good bye! I will not miss you!

Leave a comment:

• fuzz
    replied
    Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
    GPL takes away developer freedom and rights.
    How so? No one is forcing developers to use it. It is a choice.

Leave a comment:

• fuzz
    replied
    Originally posted by Niarbeht View Post
    Free association.

If a bunch of people who work with a douche tell the douche to leave, that's none of your damn business unless you're either the douche, or one of the douche's co-workers.
    Socrates, "credited as one of the founders of Western philosophy, and as being the first moral philosopher of the Western ethical tradition of thought", "found guilty of ... corrupting the minds of the youth of ... and as a punishment sentenced to death"

Leave a comment:

• fuzz
    replied
    Originally posted by kravemir View Post

You're 100% correct, it doesn't harm me, as professional developer, at all,.. It harms diversity of quality solutions, as I haven't yet met any corporate willing to touch GPL-ed software.

Some GPL software is very nice piece of work, which never gets adopted and never receives contributions by the most of big corporate companies. On the other hand, solutions provided by Apache foundation, are adopted in both worlds, open-source applications are based on them, and also proprietary ones. I've arrived to proprietary world from open-source background, and I've seen people usually reluctant to open-source, and focused on proprietary solutions, which I is due to extreme position of FSF and "freedom" (as in free beer) movement.

And, it's sad to see big companies focusing only on full-stack proprietary solutions, as I would like to see common high quality open-source basis for both worlds (proprietary solutions for end-users, and open-source ones). And, this is slowly becoming reality with licenses like Apache. So, my words/agenda is against GPL, only.
    Do you believe in the "right to repair"? Should this right not extend to software?

Leave a comment:

• fuzz
    replied
    Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
    The man seriously is partially mentally disabled with ausburgers or some other social inhibition whereby he literally doesn't understand why people react the way they do without extensive information, and he's highly intellectually theoretical about his thought processes which is what landed him in this hot water to begin with theorizing publicly about his deceased MIT Associate creating an inappropriate scenario.
    It's spelled "Asperger's", and is typically associated with "High-functioning autism". High-functioning autism (HFA) is a term applied to people with autism who do not have an intellectual disability (an IQ of 70 or less).

I thank you for understanding/speculating a realistic reason for his social inhibition, but I believe it's important to not call this a disability. We are just people who think differently, and it's best to work with us so we can continue our work in peace. We do not want to fight, we just want to be understood and do our part.

I agree that people with high-functioning autism are in general not suited to places of social leadership (unless that is their passion). However, my concern is someone who is not nearly as passionate about Free Software will take his place and make disappointing concessions.

Leave a comment:

• moilami
    replied
    Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
    Taking Linux and GNU out of this, if any Board of Directors member of any org posted what he did, they would also be gone. Except in this case it's compounding with Harvard and MIT taking millions to fund a global pedo/eugenicists research.

And to be even more clear, this is way beyond CoC(my feelings hurt) territory. It's in active Federal and International crimes against humanity territory.

The crap part is, he's one of those that aren't involved with any of this. At least he wasn't documented on that plane to CARISJAMES. The others, steering our society, are still walking around unscathed. There is no upside for anyone here. It just demonstrates to the people who act/acted on this stuff to keep quiet.

And to be even more clear about the optics, RMS even lost 4chan with his 'actual' comments. Not reported. They are after him now too. Apparently even those sick twist have limits.
    Good point, but the witch hunt is still real, as is evident of all the hate shown even here towards RMS. This is such a shame and disgrace.

Leave a comment:

• royce
    replied
    Originally posted by fuzz View Post

the left
    I wasn't aware the fight against sexual predators and their apologists had anything to do with politics.

Leave a comment:

• PreparationH67
    replied
    The gross man children commenters out if force yet again...smdh

Leave a comment:

Working...
X