No announcement yet.

Richard Stallman Reportedly Steps Down As Head Of The GNU Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://stallman.org/archives/2019-j...9_(GNU_Project)

It looks like he stepped down on the 27th and the 28th.
    Maybe he'll step down again tomorrow.

He's also looking for a place to live:

Comment

Someone on Hacker News said it best:

RMS is an important historical figure.
      Having his inevitable departure reduced to collateral damage of Jeffrey Epstein is a shame.

I couldn't agree more. I really hate this trend of throwing the wrong people under the bus. We're definitely not winning without RMS on GNU and FSF. Damn shame.

update: Long live RMS! "I continue to be the Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project. I do not intend to stop any time soon."
      Last edited by perpetually high; 30 September 2019, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69

I’m not a big fan of Stallman but frankly he is getting screwed over here. No ones job should hinge on a few words. The left reminds me sadly of the McCarthy era and honestly they are using the same tactics. Extremely disturbing to say the least. Just yesterday I learned that NYC has outlawed speech they don’t like there. Disgusting and overbearing.
        The only problem is people are going to assume that you mean Jenny and not Joseph.

And what is it about the last name McCarthy that makes retards so attracted to their beliefs?

Comment

You lot do realise he's an underage sex apologist, right? He might've done heaps for the free software movement, but he's still a toxic figure. Good riddance.

Comment

I am looking for a room in a shared house or apartment as an interim place where I could stay for at least two months. Ideally I would have the option of staying for up to six months, but I could do without that.

I'd like it to be located within 15 minutes walk of a subway line (not counting the Green Line beyond Kenmore), or a high frequency bus line such as #1 or #77, or #71, #73 or #66. The point is it should not be so hard to get to Cambridge or Downtown Boston that it dissuades me from going.

There should not be a cat (unless hypoallergenic), or a dog that jumps up excitedly on people (unless quite small), or a digital listening device such as Echo, Siri or "Hello Google", or a card lock that records who opens the door. I will ask about cameras.

I'd like there to be a large supermarket in walking distance or close to a nearby subway station.

If you know of an opening, please email me at rms on the site gnu org with "Interim housing" as the subject.
            My cat asked me to post this for him:

Yo RMS,

That's my couch.

Love, Sparky

Comment

Originally posted by royce View Post
              You lot do realise he's an underage sex apologist, right? He might've done heaps for the free software movement, but he's still a toxic figure. Good riddance.
              Every time I see this, it looks like bait. Beware.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post
                Jesus fucking christ, when did the overall linux community turn to witch hunts?
                Guess I'll start looking at BSD.

EDIT:
                It doesn't even matter who it is, this just toxic behavior.
                Its not a which hunt,
                But a hunt for power( from those who don't deserve it, nor have the capability to deal with it.. ).

Comment

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post
                  He's also looking for a place to live:

https://stallman.org/seeking-housing.html
                  hopefully he'll find a place far away from any women and children.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                    What, again? Come on.
                    Richard. This might sound extreme but without you free software may enter some sort of dark age.
                    You are one of these few people that are very passionate about defending free/open-source software to the utmost. Without you I don't know how is the GNU project (which basically is present on every Linux installation) going to fare in the future.

Please, realize you're making a mistake by stepping down, and go back to being the GNU project leader. Thank you.
                    If the future of open source as we know it has a bus factor of one 66-year-old, it's doomed anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by royce View Post
                      Well, I think he stepped down has head of FSF, which seems to be enough..

Comment

Working...
                      X