No announcement yet.

Richard Stallman Resigns From The Free Software Foundation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is very confusing, at least for someone like me who wasn't raised in North America. According to the news the lady was 17, so why are people calling her a child?
    She isn't a child according to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_o..._North_America
    Or is this article wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I mean, I fear the GPL may go down, the MIT/Apache/permissive licenses may stand up and at some point since these licenses are too permissive, they'll close everything down, effectively turning the open-source community into a closed-source one...
      And all because of IBM, Red Hat and Microsoft!!!!!1!

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
        This is very confusing, at least for someone like me who wasn't raised in North America. According to the news the lady was 17, so why are people calling her a child?
        She isn't a child according to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_o..._North_America
        Or is this article wrong?
        Each state has different laws.

I wasn't raised in the USA either, but just like in the USA, in my country it's common to define anyone under the age of 18 as a child.

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post

IBM( proprietary) -> redhat( proprietary ) -> gnome( IBM finance it.. GPL?? )

Maybe the gnome reaction come... triggered by other "desires" ??
          I don't understand at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

And all because of IBM, Red Hat and Microsoft!!!!!1!
            and Google and Facebook and the rest of the big companies!!!!1!!one!!

Comment

Originally posted by hotaru View Post

it's horrifying that so many people think "innocent until proven guilty" should apply to rapists, but not to their victims.
              What rapist and what victim are we talking about here? From the subject it would seem the supposed rapist would be Minsky and the supposed victim would be Virginia Giuffre. The problem with that is neigher does Ms. Giuffre claim to have had sex with Mr. Minsky (I've been searching and I can't find any transcript where she says that). And we have a witness saying that Mr. Minsky turned Ms. Giuffre down when she propositioned him.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
                He took the libertarian contract and overlayed it on to people too stupid to negotiate a meal or clothes, much less a contract. Which then led to a 'Epstein did nothing wrong' conclusion. Meanwhile heads are rolling at MIT and Harvard just for taking a grant from the guy.

He F'ed up. That's not how Libertarianism works. Freedom + "Responsibility" does not apply to kids of any mammalian species.
                I think you right..
                A big lack of Experience or Society Bounder Limits in a Juvenile, prevent him from acquire several Limits and/or Responsibilities..
                I don't find a reason for him, to say otherwise..

But I don't think that MIT/Harvard guys are innocent( because they took his words as something granted.. ), they are adults,
                And so, they are subjected to the Bounder Limits of our Society..

Comment

I haven't been following Stallman closely, but my tinfoil hat senses are tingling. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this is just a scheduled meltdown ordered by some organization (whatever strikes your fancy) to get him to step down because of a "plausible" reason.

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
                  Because it makes the argument more polarizing I guess. A 17 yo is a teenager, or a "minor". Calling that a "child" is pushing it.

More seriously, whoever thinks discussing underage sex in any context, in the current times is a moron and deserves to be burned at the stake by frenzied SJWs.

That's one of the main topics that TRIGGERS that kind of idiots, among with animal abuse and having any opinion about LGBTQ (non-straight) people.
                  Last edited by starshipeleven; 17 September 2019, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by willmore View Post
                    What rapist and what victim are we talking about here? From the subject it would seem the supposed rapist would be Minsky and the supposed victim would be Virginia Giuffre. The problem with that is neigher does Ms. Giuffre claim to have had sex with Mr. Minsky (I've been searching and I can't find any transcript where she says that). And we have a witness saying that Mr. Minsky turned Ms. Giuffre down when she propositioned him.
                    Are you saying stuff got blown out of proportion by Facebook moms and other parties without any kind of proof of their accusations?

Shocked. I'm shocked, I tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Each state has different laws.

I wasn't raised in the USA either, but just like in the USA, in my country it's common to define anyone under the age of 18 as a child.
                      Maybe someone should say this just so it is said: To call it "rape" when a couple of 17 and 19 have sex together is not only completely moronic but more than a slap in the face of every person who has actually suffered this unspeakable life destroying crime and then asks themselves because of this comparison if people are actually taking their incredible suffering serious when they mix it into one pot with completely different things that are worlds apart. People who use that word in any other context other that that actual crime are just disgusting!

Comment

Working...
                      X