No announcement yet.

Richard Stallman Resigns From The Free Software Foundation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If people can be de-platformed for having so-called "alt-right" views, then this creep should have been jettisoned long ago. What a sicko.

How can anybody with an IQ above 100 think that a child can willfully consent to sex?

There is an obvious push out there to normalize pedophilia. This is no time for mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
      There is an obvious push out there to normalize pedophilia. This is no time for mercy.
      There has been for some time now. "Love is love" and all that.

Comment

If people can be de-platformed for having so-called "alt-right" views, then this creep should have been jettisoned long ago. What a sicko.

How can anybody with an IQ above 100 think that a child can willfully consent to sex?

Not really sure most of his views are "alt right". If you look on his website, he is very supportive of using gender-neutral pronouns, he supports the Green Party, and Bernie Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by iavael View Post
          That's it?

OMFG.

Still, just goes to prove my point that there are certain views on certain topics you just do not mention publicly because there will be repercussions; the facts be damned.

Comment

Originally posted by hotaru View Post

even if he didn't say that the victims were willing, his belief that it's possible for a child to consent to being raped by a grown man is more than bad enough.
            Not too long ago RMS wrote that after some discussions he acknowledged that children don’t have enough responsibility, so he changed his opinion about “consensual” sex with children.
            Also, english is not my native language, so I may not be correct, but doesn’t “rape” means “force someone to have sex against their will”? How that can be consensual then?

Comment

How that can be consensual then?
              that's the whole point. it can't be consensual.

Comment

Someone that's 17 years and 364 days can't consent one day, but can the next (same with alcohol, drivers license, guns etc.) because of the legal definition? I realize why the law does it that way, but that doesn't mean it makes sense.
                So yes, you can count me as someone with an IQ over 100 that thinks older "minors" could theoretically consent to sex. Heck, I know 16 year olds that I would trust to make that decision more than some of the 26 or 36 year olds I know.

Comment

Not too long ago RMS wrote that after some discussions he acknowledged that children don’t have enough responsibility, so he changed his opinion about “consensual” sex with children.
                  Also, english is not my native language, so I may not be correct, but doesn’t “rape” means “force someone to have sex against their will”? How that can be consensual then?
                  Different form of rape -- it's about not being knowledgeable enough about life to make an informed decision or choice. A child probably knows enough not to touch a hot stove because they'll get burned whereas they likely do not grasp the concept of an overdose and drug usage or when it's appropriate to get naked and with who or why.

Think of it like a scammer ripping someone off -- the scammer comes in with a bunch of fake numbers and tricks people into "investing" in something. Even if a pervert groomed the child up for to "know" what sex was, it's essentially scamming them and tricking them due to their lack of life experiences and them not knowing that someone touching them there isn't appropriate because they haven't had the time to learn right and wrong, appropriate and inappropriate.

Is consent after being scammed actually consent regardless of the crime committed? Rape, money, murder...is scam or trickery for consent real, actual consent?

I don't consider it to be real, actual consent.

Comment

Say, for example. A superior in a hierarchy of some sort, strongly implies that to be part of the group (and keep your job) it is highly recommended (implicated to be required) to attend the bar and drink Whiskey.
                    This is coercion and is against their will. The implication makes it unconditional.

So in the same way one could "convince" someone to have sex. Even though it is actually against their will, but due to mentally abusive games, their will is forced.

And this is much easier with a minor whom internally fears that the superior has the power to make or destroy his/her career.

Comment

In any case, RMS resigned, he was not fired, he certainly had pressures, but the choice is his! Perhaps he realized that it was time for a change or that he was no longer suited to that role. I think we are all necessary but no one is indispensable, it is essential that this be so. We don't have to become fans of the characters, but of their work!

Comment

Working...
                      X