X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• willmore
    replied
    Originally posted by hotaru View Post

it's horrifying that so many people think "innocent until proven guilty" should apply to rapists, but not to their victims.
    What rapist and what victim are we talking about here? From the subject it would seem the supposed rapist would be Minsky and the supposed victim would be Virginia Giuffre. The problem with that is neigher does Ms. Giuffre claim to have had sex with Mr. Minsky (I've been searching and I can't find any transcript where she says that). And we have a witness saying that Mr. Minsky turned Ms. Giuffre down when she propositioned him.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

And all because of IBM, Red Hat and Microsoft!!!!!1!
    and Google and Facebook and the rest of the big companies!!!!1!!one!!

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post

IBM( proprietary) -> redhat( proprietary ) -> gnome( IBM finance it.. GPL?? )

Maybe the gnome reaction come... triggered by other "desires" ??
    I don't understand at all...

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by sarmad View Post
    This is very confusing, at least for someone like me who wasn't raised in North America. According to the news the lady was 17, so why are people calling her a child?
    She isn't a child according to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_o..._North_America
    Or is this article wrong?
    Each state has different laws.

I wasn't raised in the USA either, but just like in the USA, in my country it's common to define anyone under the age of 18 as a child.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I mean, I fear the GPL may go down, the MIT/Apache/permissive licenses may stand up and at some point since these licenses are too permissive, they'll close everything down, effectively turning the open-source community into a closed-source one...
    And all because of IBM, Red Hat and Microsoft!!!!!1!

Leave a comment:

• sarmad
    replied
    This is very confusing, at least for someone like me who wasn't raised in North America. According to the news the lady was 17, so why are people calling her a child?
    She isn't a child according to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_o..._North_America
    Or is this article wrong?

Leave a comment:

• tuxd3v
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    I mean, I fear the GPL may go down, the MIT/Apache/permissive licenses may stand up and at some point since these licenses are too permissive, they'll close everything down, effectively turning the open-source community into a closed-source one...
    IBM( proprietary) -> redhat( proprietary ) -> gnome( IBM finance it.. GPL?? )

Maybe the gnome reaction come... triggered by other "desires" ??

Leave a comment:

• hotaru
    replied
    Originally posted by AndyChow View Post

People are innocent until proven guilty. Whatever personally happened to you doesn't justify accusing people you don't know and have never interacted with.
    it's horrifying that so many people think "innocent until proven guilty" should apply to rapists, but not to their victims.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    Go to a pedo thread at Fark.com and you'll learn a lot of stuff you don't normally need to know
    Pass..

Leave a comment:

• ThoreauHD
    replied
    He took the libertarian contract and overlayed it on to people too stupid to negotiate a meal or clothes, much less a contract. Which then led to a 'Epstein did nothing wrong' conclusion. Meanwhile heads are rolling at MIT and Harvard just for taking a grant from the guy.

He F'ed up. That's not how Libertarianism works. Freedom + "Responsibility" does not apply to kids of any mammalian species.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X