Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Teams Is Coming To Linux

Phoronix: Microsoft Teams Is Coming To Linux

Microsoft Teams, the communication platform for chat / video messaging / collaborative file storage and other features, is in the process of being brought to Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

finally microsoft begins to develop its own linux Os so many linux distributions will end because they are pure garbage.

Comment

Eventually, I'm sure there will be one day where Phoronix will post an article about "Microsoft Windows is coming to Linux".
      I really have this feeling that they'll replace the Windows kernel at some point and adopt Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Eventually, I'm sure there will be one day where Phoronix will post an article about "Microsoft Windows is coming to Linux".
        I really have this feeling that they'll replace the Windows kernel at some point and adopt Linux.
        That would be fun to watch. They can't just throw Win32 out the window, so how good the compatibility layer will be? Specially considering they must support stuff that Wine cannot or will not do, like loading kernel drivers.

Comment

Well, it's Electron/CEF app so no surprise it runs everywhere. One might just as well use Outlook365 web interface, it's 100% the same.

Comment

As much as I try to avoid using Windows-only products, sometimes it is unavoidable. Both Teams and Slack are used where I work (IT generally prefers Slack, while the Business side prefers Teams). If Teams comes to Linux, that'd be one less thing I'd have to use a VM for. Looking forward to it!

Originally posted by reavertm View Post
            Well, it's Electron/CEF app so no surprise it runs everywhere. One might just as well use Outlook365 web interface, it's 100% the same.
            Oh wow, it's actually working in the browser. Up until today anytime I'd try it in the browser it'd say something along the lines of "Your browser/OS combination is not supported" - it'd also get stuck in a loading loop if you used an agent switcher to tell it you were using a different browser/OS.

Still doesn't work in Vivaldi, but at least now it's working in Firefox and Chromium.
            Last edited by lectrode; 09 September 2019, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Finally microsoft begins to develop its own linux Os so many linux distributions will end since they are pure garbage.

Comment

I used this as replacement on fedora 30: https://github.com/IsmaelMartinez/teams-for-linux
                Is mostly identical with windows. However, it is awesome hearing we'll receive official support.
                Last edited by xxmitsu; 09 September 2019, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Or how about an announcement that says:

"GNOME announces it is releasing v4.0 to run on Windows Core"

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post

Or how about an announcement that says:

"GNOME announces it is releasing v4.0 to run on Windows Core"
                    But then what about other distros?

Comment

Working...
                    X