Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torsionbar28
    replied
    USB4 is backwards compatible with USB 3.2, USB 2.0, and Thunderbolt 3.
    So it is NOT backwards compatible with USB 1.0/1.1? That's a pretty glaring omission. There are tons of older HID devices, printers, label printers, and other devices that don't need much bandwidth and typically have a long service life. People gonna be pissed when they find this out the hard way.

Leave a comment:

• zanny
    replied
    I wonder why USB never made a color code specification for cables / ports. IE, yellow ring for power only, blue for serial only, green for display, red for parallel / full spec. For the power spec orange could be "fast" charging capable up to the rated limit whereas yellow would only be up to the usual 5v.

As it is you are buying C cables that may or may not support dozens of features being plugged into ports that could do anything.

Leave a comment:

• ShFil
    replied
    Meh, again usb type c. Its adaptation strategy is such a nightmare.

Leave a comment:

• brent
    replied
    So does this support PCIe or not? I think this was one major feature where it still wasn't clear which direction USB would take. I of course hope it does retain PCIe support from Thunderbolt! Everything else sounds great - especially the flexible bandwidth allocation.

Leave a comment:

• AsuMagic
    replied
    Soon to be renamed Ultraspeed USB 4.2.0 Gen 2.2x4 40Gbps?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X