No announcement yet.

POWER ISA Contributed To Open-Source, OpenPOWER Joining The Linux Foundation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuxd3v, you are of course entitled to you're opinion on this matter, so I won't say that you're wrong. I really can't say how this would turn out, but I can say for certain their would be zero chance of the US allowing a war with China to turn into a ground war. China could launch as many missiles as they want but not a single one of them can outrun A LASER BEAM.

Comment

• Originally posted by duby229 View Post
      tuxd3v, you are of course entitled to you're opinion on this matter, so I won't say that you're wrong. I really can't say how this would turn out, but I can say for certain their would be zero chance of the US allowing a war with China to turn into a ground war. China could launch as many missiles as they want but not a single one of them can outrun A LASER BEAM.
      I understand that, and US would try to avoid a Land War for obvious Reasons..
      But you also need to acknowledge that at some point in time, a land war, is inevitable, you can't capitulate a country Government only with a sea war..For that you need to jump on land at some point in time..

Remember in WWII, when Germany Capitulated, why do you think they capitulated?
      They capitulated because the Soviet Union Marched on Berlin, to the Bundestag..
      They had at that time 2 options:
      1. Don't capitulate, and be executed, one by one.
      2. Negotiate a surrender, and maybe save their lives.
      Of Course they choose'd the 2) Option..

But this was only possible because Soviet Union attacked Berlin with 4.5 Million Solders, of-course by land..
      So to capitulate a country rule of power you need always to engage in a Land War( and its a bloody one.. ).

In the part that you are talking about the fact that China could use the amount of missiles they want..
      Well, they will do that, the thing is, US doing a Sea War, is constrained to a limit of missiles available to wage war, over seas..
      China on the Other hand, has no limit to the amount of missiles it can use, because it will do a Land War, they can put zillions of missiles available, and even launch all of them at same time..

Its impossible to win a War, when you are at Sea, when you are attacking a superpower..
      Because the amount of missiles that that superpower has is hundreds if not thousands of times bigger than yours, which is constrained by space in the Ships..

US knows that, China also knows that, Russia also knows that...its a fact, numbers matters a lot, when they are so disproportionate..

Comment

• Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post

I understand that, and US would try to avoid a Land War for obvious Reasons..
        But you also need to acknowledge that at some point in time, a land war, is inevitable, you can't capitulate a country Government only with a sea war..For that you need to jump on land at some point in time..

Remember in WWII, when Germany Capitulated, why do you think they capitulated?
        They capitulated because the Soviet Union Marched on Berlin, to the Bundestag..
        They had at that time 2 options:
        1. Don't capitulate, and be executed, one by one.
        2. Negotiate a surrender, and maybe save their lives.
        Of Course they choose'd the 2) Option..

But this was only possible because Soviet Union attacked Berlin with 4.5 Million Solders, of-course by land..
        So to capitulate a country rule of power you need always to engage in a Land War( and its a bloody one.. ).

In the part that you are talking about the fact that China could use the amount of missiles they want..
        Well, they will do that, the thing is, US doing a Sea War, is constrained to a limit of missiles available to wage war, over seas..
        China on the Other hand, has no limit to the amount of missiles it can use, because it will do a Land War, they can put zillions of missiles available, and even launch all of them at same time..

Its impossible to win a War, when you are at Sea, when you are attacking a superpower..
        Because the amount of missiles that that superpower has is hundreds if not thousands of times bigger than yours, which is constrained by space in the Ships..

US knows that, China also knows that, Russia also knows that...its a fact, numbers matters a lot, when they are so disproportionate..
        The US would have no interest in invading China, They would probably try to hold Hong Kong at minimum, but not likely anything more.

The difference between This moment and WW2 is that the Nazi's had V2 rockets which couldn't hit a target even if they tried. they were weapons of terror and nothing more. China today has very accurate guided missiles and ballistic rockets and are sophisticated weapons systems, the V2 was not. Those same weapons would work flawlessly against -any- other nation besides the US, but they are completely worthless against the US. Not one of them would have a single chance in any scenario to hit a US target unless it was total surprise, and even then only on the very first attempt and no other afterwards.

But in the mean time the US would wage a terrible war of attrition and economic collapse on China that would devastate their ability to build or deploy anything at all. The way to defeat China would be a horrible war of shock and awe. The US would have an Enormous Naval presence all over China's seas and China would have no ability whatsoever to get anywhere near the US mainland. We would wipe out all of their military assets and they would have no ability at all to touch ours. They could launch as many missiles as they want, the US literally has hundreds of cruisers equipped with energy weapons designed for the specific purpose of anti-air support. And Energy weapons only take up as much space as they take up, many of these cruisers are very small. They could launch tens of thousands of missiles and deplete their reserves in an instant and wouldn't matter whatsoever.

(And I haven't yet mentioned the literally hundreds of nuclear subs the US has. I very seriously doubt it would turn into a nuclear war, but if it did, China would have zero chance of hitting any US target and meanwhile the US would turn China into a nuclear wasteland)
        Last edited by duby229; 04 September 2019, 12:29 PM.

Comment

The US would have no interest in invading China, They would probably try to hold Hong Kong at minimum, but not likely anything more.

The difference between This moment and WW2 is that the Nazi's had V2 rockets which couldn't hit a target even if they tried. they were weapons of terror and nothing more. China today has very accurate guided missiles and ballistic rockets and are sophisticated weapons systems, the V2 was not. Those same weapons would work flawlessly against -any- other nation besides the US, but they are completely worthless against the US. Not one of them would have a single chance in any scenario to hit a US target unless it was total surprise, and even then only on the very first attempt and no other afterwards.

But in the mean time the US would wage a terrible war of attrition and economic collapse on China that would devastate their ability to build or deploy anything at all. The way to defeat China would be a horrible war of shock and awe. The US would have an Enormous Naval presence a would have zero chance of hitting any US target and meanwhile the US would turn China into a nuclear wasteland)all over China's seas and China would have no ability whatsoever to get anywhere near the US mainland. We would wipe out all of their military assets and they would have no ability at all to touch ours. They could launch as many missiles as they want, the US literally has hundreds of cruisers equipped with energy weapons designed for the specific purpose of anti-air support. And Energy weapons only take up as much space as they take up, many of these cruisers are very small. They could launch tens of thousands of missiles and deplete their reserves in an instant and wouldn't matter whatsoever.

(And I haven't yet mentioned the literally hundreds of nuclear subs the US has. I very seriously doubt it would turn into a nuclear war, but if it did, China would have zero chance of hitting any US target and meanwhile the US would turn China into a nuclear wasteland)a would have zero chance of hitting any US target and meanwhile the US would turn China into a nuclear wasteland)
          If you need to believe in that, go ahead..

But its impossible for a destroyer to kill some 10000 missiles aimed at a Super Carrier...
          They would obliterate not only the super-carrier, but the destroyers around..

But you think the way you want too
          Also the Katyusha missiles were the ones used by Soviet Union against Nazis.. a lot of people said that they were more weapons of terror than effectiveness..

The thing is.. Soviet Union mounted a War on Berlin with 4.5 Million Solders, but the Nazis were also around 4.5 Million Solders...
          So if the Katyusha were not effective... what lead to the same amount of soldiers to Win the war and march to the Bundestag???
          Right..

And don't even speak about Submarines...
          After North Korea, China is the Country that have the biggest fleet..

Comment

• Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
            If you need to believe in that, go ahead..

But its impossible for a destroyer to kill some 10000 missiles aimed at a Super Carrier...
            They would obliterate not only the super-carrier, but the destroyers around..

But you think the way you want too
            Also the Katyusha missiles were the ones used by Soviet Union against Nazis.. a lot of people said that they were more weapons of terror than effectiveness..

The thing is.. Soviet Union mounted a War on Berlin with 4.5 Million Solders, but the Nazis were also around 4.5 Million Solders...
            So if the Katyusha were not effective... what lead to the same amount of soldiers to Win the war and march to the Bundestag???
            Right..

And don't even speak about Submarines...
            After North Korea, China is the Country that have the biggest fleet..
            The US doesn't use destroyers. They are pointless. The US has enormous fleets of little bitty cruisers. There Are still destroyers but they are part of a larger fleet of cruisers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ed_States_Navy
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...classification
            Check out how the ship classes are defined.

(None of what is currently classified as a destroyer class would be classified as a destroyer if this was WW2 times....) (The old destroyer class of ages gone by are gone forever.)

edit: Do really believe North Korea has a large submarine fleet? Really? Honestly?
            Last edited by duby229; 05 September 2019, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• LOL - did anyone else notice this thread is now in the "General Discussion - Anything off-topic." category?

Gee... I wonder why.

Comment

edit: Do really believe North Korea has a large submarine fleet? Really? Honestly?
                I do Believe..
                Since Submarines are Cheaper than Big boats to operate, and they are also more lethal..

What I don't believe, is North Korea having long mission submarines..
                They should be smaller, but since they are for littoral areas they serve their purpose very well..

Yes is true ,
                The globalisation of missile technology creates a different "landscape", in the battlefield scenes..for the good( defence ), and for the bad( attack )..

Comment

• Originally posted by coder View Post
                  LOL - did anyone else notice this thread is now in the "General Discussion - Anything off-topic." category?

Gee... I wonder why.
                  You right,
                  Its been completely off topic..

Comment

Working...
                  X