Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel / Clear Linux Is Looking For Your Feedback On Your Linux Development Workflow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post

Sure, hardware wise AMD is providing some stiff competition - but AMD's software strategy is bad, especially on Linux. I mean with those Rdrand failures on older and latest AMD CPUs, as well as buggy GPU drivers, no sane company would want to rely on AMD for their desktop or server infrastructure.
    Most "sane" companies wouldn't run *any* new CPU with a non-LTS (by release or by contract) in production anyway so your statement is non-informed.

All sane companies certify their platforms with the OS vendors before they see the production light.

Only inexperienced wanna-be admins that run servers under their desks would attempt such a stunt. I think that would be classified as "insane".

I am aware of a few Fortune 100 companies that run AMD A10 based hardware in their desktop portfolio with deployment counts in the 10's of thousands. I think if they were inadequate to the task, they wouldn't be buying them, and they are pretty profitable companies.

Comment

Intel Is pretty solid about their plan but they are hesitant because of competition ahead with this survey I think they are done with their tests and want to be sure they are on the right path if not they will re-adjust. They really in bad shape when it comes to competition every time they release AMD is always there to surpass them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post

Same here. In fact, I came here, to comments, to see if anyone has the same problem. But after reading your comment I tried something else, and… I succeed at completing the survey!

Note the oddness: the table for some reason has checkboxes instead of radiobuttons. So, turns out, to pass that survey you simply need to set all of them.
        While this seems to be off topic, it's not. Those factors will directly affect this OS's adoption. I don't want to lose them. They are pushing the hardware perf envelope. But it's looking pretty dark out there for them atm.

Comment

Originally posted by amekassa59 View Post

While this seems to be off topic, it's not. Those factors will directly affect this OS's adoption. I don't want to lose them. They are pushing the hardware perf envelope. But it's looking pretty dark out there for them atm.
          Only inexperienced wanna-be admins that run servers under their desks would attempt such a stunt. I think that would be classified as "insane".

Comment

Working...
          X